Home

Recruiting Strategy Guide

This is a discussion on Recruiting Strategy Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #33
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting Strategy Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU124
How many guys do ya'll go after? The CPU only goes after 12 or so, then moves on. (offering 50 mins each)

I tried to recruit about 20 and offer 30 minutes but school keep beating me.
I usually go after about 15. Depends what's out there in terms of recruits/what my needs are. I try to offer at least 40-50 minutes to recruits the first couple of weeks.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #34

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadh
No, it's not premium content, it's free. It's the Recruiting Reports box in the lower-right of the main recruiting screen. I believe there is a Helper that needs to be enabled in Dynasty Options or someplace. I'll check after what it is and where exactly and update this post in a little while.
Yeah this is interesting because when I go to use it, it tells me it is premium content and asks me if I want to buy it.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 15

I wonder if I put just ONE 5* recruit on my board out of the 10 that I place there if I get lucky with the x2 on him. Then I hammer him with selling, see if I can get him to a #1 or #2 spot then hammer him with promises and offer a schollie. Wonder if that will work in snagging 5*'s in a 3* school.

Has anyone got lucky like this and got a x2 on a 5*? And won him? I'd be interested to see if this worked lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Great guide! Question for the op - how have your classes ranked so far?
As 4* Missouri on AA recruiting difficulty, my first season was 70-something -- while I was figuring out how this mechanic works. Season two when I was using the ideas in this guide, I finished 15th. I got three times as many 4* players (6 vs. 2), and landed 5 or 6 more recruits overall vs. year one (17 or 18 vs. 12).
Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

If the 2X bonus goes to anyone on your board I'm going to trim my board tonight. I've always maxed it out at 35 even though the last 10 are guys I will probably never get. I don't know how much I'll trim though.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU124
How many guys do ya'll go after? The CPU only goes after 12 or so, then moves on. (offering 50 mins each)

I tried to recruit about 20 and offer 30 minutes but school keep beating me.
That's too few minutes on too many players. The schools that are beating you are putting 50-60 minutes into those players. Focus on signing 6 or 7 of your top 10, as those should be your team need and/or best available prospects. If you can wrap most of them up early (either with commits or just by building an insurmountable lead), you'll have all of those extra minutes to spend later in the season on players for depth (who are typically more easily attained because they're being recruited by lesser schools).

I fill my board so that I can get the free "on the board" points for fringe players that I won't have time to call. I'll usually not call more than 15 players in any given week though.

Last edited by scadh; 07-21-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #39
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

I read word for word, Even tho I'm doing fairly well already but just reading this either reaffirmed what I was already doing or made me think twice, GOOD WRITE-UP!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

great advise in OP. can't wait to recruit my next team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »