Home

Am I wrong for being skeptical about the removal of suction blocks/tackles/etc.?

This is a discussion on Am I wrong for being skeptical about the removal of suction blocks/tackles/etc.? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #17
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Am I wrong for being skeptical about the removal of suction blocks/tackles/etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
The issue isn't the previewer pointing to a flaw. The issue is the preview saying the exact same thing two years in a row. It's especially flagrant if you look at the IGN articles.

You can't say that in NCAA 11 "no longer will players get sucked into tackles", then in NCAA 12 say "the days of players suctioning into tackles are over." The latter implies that the suction stuff still happened in NCAA 11 which directly contradicts the statements they made about the game a year earlier.

So it doesn't make much sense for me to put any stock into the preview they wrote last year or the one they wrote this year either. How can I really trust the suction is gone? And further how can I really trust the zone defense is improved? Last year between the time the demo and release patch came out EA had this to say:

And now here we are again talking about how much better zone D is gonna be and how broken it was in NCAA 11.

I think you need to put NCAA 10 back into your system and compare that with 11. You will see that the animations ARE much smoother and suction blocking/tackling is less than what was there before. They even went and lowered the effectiveness on the Hit Stick.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #18
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Am I wrong for being skeptical about the removal of suction blocks/tackles/etc.?

People are worried about suction tacking. We should be worried about suction blocking. That was the problem. But basically, I wouldnt listen to these reviews. What they say is most likely sent to EA public affairs to make sure they dont say anything to make the game look bad.

For example, The blog "Chase" made, Someone asked a simple question about weather or not the chain gang was in this years installment. His reply was, "Im not sure, they never had to come out to measure." The same individual then asked Chase "Did you see them on the sideline at all?" Chase replied "Did you see them in the screenshots?"...................A simple yes or no question I would think. SmH :-(
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 04-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #19
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I think you need to put NCAA 10 back into your system and compare that with 11. You will see that the animations ARE much smoother and suction blocking/tackling is less than what was there before. They even went and lowered the effectiveness on the Hit Stick.
I've never played NCAA 10 and if it's that bad compared to 11 I'm in no hurry to.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #20
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

When I read the blog that suction was gone and the tackling engine was a big upgrade, all I said was "believe it when I see it". I don't have much faith in this engine being able to make tackling realistic and or dynamic.

Still excited about the improvements they did make. But I wasn't overly impressed with the tackling in the sizzler trailer. It looked pretty much the same to me. So I will temper all expectations when it comes to this "new tackling engine".

I'm stoked to hear if there are any major Dynasty Upgrades since that is where I spend most of my time.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #21
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

There's nothing wrong about being skeptical. The warping/suction has been a huge part of Next Gen football with EA. To completely remove it would very hard. I'm just happy they are making an effort and not ignoring it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
There's nothing wrong about being skeptical. The warping/suction has been a huge part of Next Gen football with EA. To completely remove it would very hard. I'm just happy they are making an effort and not ignoring it.

I totally agree.I hope that the work on the skateing also.There was to much of it in the video.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Skeptical, sure.

However, I became convinced with my own eyes from the second video floating around. I saw enough double-hit tackles that went backwards with momentum.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #24
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Excellent post. You are not wrong at all for being skeptical. The same thing happens every single year. Its like EA uses the Jedi mind trick on some and the accept it.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »