Home

NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #65
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RColemanVT
This is the kind of thought process that keeps people like Bryan Stinespring in their coaching positions. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean you can't find ways to implement it. I have been experimenting with the flexbone as a spread style formation, and it works pretty well. So if I want a spread playbook with some pistol and shotgun, but want to add in a flexbone formation to give a whole different look and feel to the offense I should be able to.
dont get me wrong you are not following what im saying. most teams have every parent formation. and can lineup and run a play.

The point is texas tech does not have time to get the timing of their offense, then include 40 flexbone plays, 30 wishbone plays and another 60 power run play.

When i list those formations its with the implied fact that each formation has multiple 10+ plays in them to practice, get site adjustments and hot reads, oline assignments vs every front or potential blitz pressure/ coverage.

There is a difference between texas tech running a flexbone play or wishbone play ect.. and running the flexbone and wishbone as a significant part of your offense with multiple formations and plays in each set included in the normal gun offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

For me 15 defensive playbooks means 3 for me (base/balanced, power run/option def, pass heavy/spread def) and 12 customized to the 12 teams I play that year in dynasty... no more engage 8 blitzes! It'll be nice to try to give defenses some realism (sliding and super jumping aside).
Old 05-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. & 15 Def. Playboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
Really? i disagree with that. The box i play in is called SIM... and you don't see Texas Tech running the flexbone mixed in with their spread. You don't see Standford running wishbone sets or the Maryland I.

The extra layer needed is "style". You should have to designate a "style" that limits the formations you can choose from... I'm not saying you couldn't have some option stuff in there as a spread team.. but it should be very limited selection.

Again, all my opinion.
Amen! Now we will play games online against Ga Tech, Texas Tech Oregon, Wisconsin, Stanford, Oklahoma and TCU all in the same game. Already saw the post saying can't wait to have my wishbone, spread, read-option, power I playbook. Yah cuz that makes the game so much more realistic.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #68
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpozibowl
For me 15 defensive playbooks means 3 for me (base/balanced, power run/option def, pass heavy/spread def) and 12 customized to the 12 teams I play that year in dynasty... no more engage 8 blitzes! It'll be nice to try to give defenses some realism (sliding and super jumping aside).
I can't believe anybody is going to complain about this feature. It is an excellent addition, period.

Think of how diverse user games are going to be now in our favorite ODs. I am more excited about defensive playbooks as we all know there are formations that just don't work very well.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #69
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I can't believe anybody is going to complain about this feature. It is an excellent addition, period.

Think of how diverse user games are going to be now in our favorite ODs. I am more excited about defensive playbooks as we all know there are formations that just don't work very well.
Im not complaining about the feature or complaining in general. As a core concept of football, gameplan and scheme should matter.

Now every team will basically run a multiple which in turn, takes out that chess match.
In Ncaa 11 if i see you have wisc as a playbook, i know what your core concept is. wisc still has passing formations but i know your core style. Same with Texas Tech Miss st ect...

With this almost every decent player will have all 14 parent formations i listed and have multiple plays from each one.

Keep in mind there are only so many formation unique plays, and bet your *** most guys will have everyone of them at their disposal.

i should feel confident i got a power run team in 3rd and 12. now it matters less. same with the air raid team inside the 10. Now both those teams will not be handicapped because they will have many plays for every situation.

Think of the audibles. Watch guys will audible from power i, to 5 wide to ace heavy, to wildcat and run no huddle. Im not worrying about stopping it. its that playing guys with different styles will actually decrease in my opinion.
Whats gonna be funny is some guys will run all these plays with players who are no best suited to run them. hopefully ratings and AI balance this.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #70
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
Im not complaining about the feature or complaining in general. As a core concept of football, gameplan and scheme should matter.

Now every team will basically run a multiple which in turn, takes out that chess match.
In Ncaa 11 if i see you have wisc as a playbook, i know what your core concept is. wisc still has passing formations but i know your core style. Same with Texas Tech Miss st ect...

With this almost every decent player will have all 14 parent formations i listed and have multiple plays from each one.

Keep in mind there are only so many formation unique plays, and bet your *** most guys will have everyone of them at their disposal.

i should feel confident i got a power run team in 3rd and 12. now it matters less. same with the air raid team inside the 10. Now both those teams will not be handicapped because they will have many plays for every situation.

Think of the audibles. Watch guys will audible from power i, to 5 wide to ace heavy, to wildcat and run no huddle. Im not worrying about stopping it. its that playing guys with different styles will actually decrease in my opinion.
Whats gonna be funny is some guys will run all these plays with players who are no best suited to run them. hopefully ratings and AI balance this.
Ok, I can give you credit for this post. I see your point.

I can definitely see the possibility of basically every good player running the same plays because, well, those plays are the best plays in the game, type of deal.

Hmmm.....interesting. I know in the OD I am that is still running strong with 12 users (its very dedicated) we all are way into it and have our own styles and whatnot so I would like to think that we will see some very diverse playbooks. However....you do raise an interesting question. Should there be a limit to the actual range of plays you can choose from?

It is true that in real life you wouldn't see a flexbone team come out in shotgun five wide or i-form tackle over but, as far as the audible concern I would LOVE for someone to come out in flex and audible to 5-wide, HBs at WR won't do crud. And especially going from shotgun to flex, yeah they might have speed in their backfield but better pray that ball doesn't get stripped.

Basically, upon further review, I do think you have valid concerns, but I truly feel like if you surround yourself with likeminded gamers the custom playbooks are going to add a new layer of depth and immersion as a "virtual coach." Especially if you can find dedicated ODs.

OS Blog

Old 05-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #71
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. & 15 Def. Playboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Amen! Now we will play games online against Ga Tech, Texas Tech Oregon, Wisconsin, Stanford, Oklahoma and TCU all in the same game. Already saw the post saying can't wait to have my wishbone, spread, read-option, power I playbook. Yah cuz that makes the game so much more realistic.
So r u saying you can't stop it? The ppl that complain about it are the people who r agonizing over stopping it. Offense picks their play first problem solved. I honestly don't see one bad thing about this feature. U have a custom defense so I don't see the problem. A lot of the offenses on the game show a lot of different sets so what's the difference?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #72
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
So r u saying you can't stop it? The ppl that complain about it are the people who r agonizing over stopping it. Offense picks their play first problem solved. I honestly don't see one bad thing about this feature. U have a custom defense so I don't see the problem. A lot of the offenses on the game show a lot of different sets so what's the difference?
I agree with this. The custom defensive playbooks are going to be awesome for me. I am a defensive player

OS Blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »