Home

Player editing in dynasty?

This is a discussion on Player editing in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 04:56 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Player editing in dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I agree completely. I feel like they got in some things that were really difficult to implement which makes me wonder why something that seems fairly easy to implement (edit rosters) didn't get in.

I think coaching carousel is going to add so much depth to dynasty. A little change like this could put it over the top
I just hope the incoming freshman ratings arent f'd up. I think they could still announce minor changes to the recruiting logic.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:40 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I don't think this request is falling on deaf ears or hasn't been heard - if the Madden team heard it and got it in I have a hard time believing that the NCAA team isn't aware of this request. Which leads me to believe there is a reason that it's not getting in, not that they aren't hearing us. I would just like to know what that reason is
Fair point I guess, but not being able to edit a recruit's height and weight is something I just don't get. I could see how making the ratings locked out during a dynasty might prevent problems, but even then that seems far-fetched. If there's no negative effects and they are just worried about offline dynasty users cheesing on their own dynasties, well, I just have to believe that it is falling on deaf ears.

I don't know what else to think or say about it.

I just can't deal with 6'5" 170 pound wide receivers who might get up to 180 by the time they graduate, yet have a strength rating of 70 or so.

I love this game. I say that a lot because it's true, but it's really time we have some options to make our recruiting classes a bit more realistic. This is the age of customization here.

Like you, I just want to know the reason if it's not in. Until I know for sure, it's all speculation any way, but I just think we would have possibly heard something by now.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:45 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 32

Eh, never mind. I didn't see it earlier but it's been confirmed by The Gaming Tailgate that player editing within a dynasty is not in.

Let's really hope that EA nailed the recruiting classes down this year. They don't have to be perfect, but I'll shut up about this issue for this year if the recruiting classes are realistic.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #60
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Well this game just fell off the radar for me. Give me a player editor, a global editor to edit every player, and a recruiting class generator.

Example: I should be able to add +2 tackling to my MLB if I want because I feel the tackling is to low for him. I should be able to add +2 tackling to every MLB in the class if I want because I feel the tackling is to low for all of them. I should be able to generate classes of recruits on average with +2 more tackling so I don't have to edit recruits every single year to have +2 more tackling.

Will probably pick up Madden though instead since they did add an editor. Thankfully, Madden doesn't have as many teams full of players to edit either which is the main reason I wanted a global editor for NCAA. Question for the madden people: does Madden give you the option to turn on editing players in online franchise mode?

Also felt coaching carousel was weak without more coach ratings, but I really liked what they did with the conferences.

For me the important thing is customization:
Let me customize the plays I want: A+ it seems for ncaa 12
Let me customize the players how I want: D it seems for ncaa 12
Let me customize the schools how I want: A+ it seems for ncaa 12

Last edited by UniversityofArizona; 05-25-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #61
Rookie

woody56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversityofArizona
Well this game just fell off the radar for me. Give me a player editor, a global editor to edit every player, and a recruiting class generator.

Example: I should be able to add +2 tackling to my MLB if I want because I feel the tackling is to low for him. I should be able to add +2 tackling to every MLB in the class if I want because I feel the tackling is to low for all of them. I should be able to generate classes of recruits on average with +2 more tackling so I don't have to edit recruits every single year to have +2 more tackling.

Will probably pick up Madden though instead since they did add an editor. Thankfully, Madden doesn't have as many teams full of players to edit either which is the main reason I wanted a global editor for NCAA. Question for the madden people: does Madden give you the option to turn on editing players in online franchise mode?

Also felt coaching carousel was weak without more coach ratings, but I really liked what they did with the conferences.

For me the important thing is customization:
Let me customize the plays I want: A+ it seems for ncaa 12
Let me customize the players how I want: D it seems for ncaa 12
Let me customize the schools how I want: A+ it seems for ncaa 12
It really is a downer. First time in a while more excited for Madden,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #62
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish that the console games worked like how Madden did on the PC, where there was a franchise file, gamelogs, etc. which allowed for people to make mods/editors for the game.

This adds virtually limitless replay value to the game (which I guess may be the reason why it's not possible), because you can easily modify the game to keep it current. It's the main reason why there are STILL Madden PC leagues...and that game hasn't seen a new version since Madden 08.

I'd love to be able to write a program that allows me the ability to modify draft classes and rosters in between seasons, as needed, much more easily and efficiently.

If NCAA ever gets back to the PC...I'm on it!

Some day.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #63
Rookie

woody56's Arena

Almost got an answer

@jasonfrench Why didn't you guys add fully customizable player editing in dynasty mode like Madden did?

@TripFontaine23 Sorry. I can't comment directly about features until the game is released. Contact @EANCAAFootball
Old 05-29-2011, 01:46 AM   #64
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody56
Almost got an answer

@jasonfrench Why didn't you guys add fully customizable player editing in dynasty mode like Madden did?

@TripFontaine23 Sorry. I can't comment directly about features until the game is released. Contact @EANCAAFootball
It was a good try hahaha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »