Home

A Way to improve the A.I./Impact Players

This is a discussion on A Way to improve the A.I./Impact Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #9
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: A Way to improve the A.I./Impact Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Why should an 85 receiver who has 30 or 35 man-to-man or zone defense be an 85 cornerback? He shouldn't. Just like an 85 cornerback who has 65 or 70 hands shouldn't be an 85 wide receiver.

A wide receivers awareness as a corner is going to be lower and vice versa. A wide receiver isn't always going to be a good corner. A linebacker won't always be a good defensive end. Every player is different.
I think he was saying physical attributes such as speed, acc, coverage, etc. Everything except overall and awareness.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #10
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
The only rating I have ever seen drop during a position switch, is awareness, as it should (though its does drop a little to much in some cases).
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Why should an 85 receiver who has 30 or 35 man-to-man or zone defense be an 85 cornerback? He shouldn't. Just like an 85 cornerback who has 65 or 70 hands shouldn't be an 85 wide receiver.

A wide receivers awareness as a corner is going to be lower and vice versa. A wide receiver isn't always going to be a good corner. A linebacker won't always be a good defensive end. Every player is different.
Correct but in theory, that WR wont have as high as a tackle rating as a corner, as the corner wont have as good as a catching rating. What I mean by what i said in the original post is that only should the overall of a player should change. His base attributes for his original position should not change.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 06-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #11
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
@ OP, didnt want to quote.

1. How would there be a scouting report when you are just starting a dynasty? You dont have any stats or tendencies yet.
The computer will play the opening game straight up playing by down and distance and playing to their offensive/defensive strengths. This is also where the halftime adjustments come in.

Regarding postion changes...

If i was to move a DE to LB, in theory most DE are slower than your average LB and vice versa. Thus theres no need for base attribute drop because most players will be playing with ratings that aren't of the position they are changed to if that makes sense.

For the poster who plays on HEISMAN with base sliders:

Could you post some stats from a game for both teams?
Also, how does the typical game feel to you on Heisman?
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
Understand. Another reason why I think rating drops should be taken out or adjusted is because lets say you want to put a corner at linebacker or a DB with speed to counter a highly mobile QB. That DB can retain all of his attributes for you to counter the QB, but most likely the DB will have a low tackle rating and strength to fight off lineman which would balance itself out. Hope that makes sense.

Other than #5 what do you guys think about my proposition? Could it work? and if yes, Would it be hard for the developers to put in. If no, what could be better?

Thanks guys for the feedback.
That is great in theory (and that's the dilemma you face in real life), however, we've all seen a 5-9 corner lockup with an OT when he should be getting dominated in this game. Until EA changes their blocking system to take weight, strength, and momentum into account (and allows undersized players to get blown up by bigger blockers), you're getting the athletic benefits of putting a DB at LB but with very little drawback in physicality against blocks. Because of that, a lot of people would consider this cheese, even though it's a legitimate move in real life.

I'd be all for this, but EA needs to make some changes first. And unfortunately, the blocking has been this way for 4 years now with little improvement. I don't have much hope for them changing it anytime soon.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I just think the CPU needs to call plays based on personnel. When I come out in a shotgun formation and call a draw, I won't want the CPU to come out with 9 in the box because they know I am running. Have the CPU come out expecting the pass(unless I run out of the shotgun most the time).

Over the course of a game(maybe season) the CPU should see my tendencies and tweak their play calling to that. If they see I like to run up the middle on every 2nd and short, then have them call a play to clog the middle on a 2nd and short. That will allow me to actually get the play action to work like it should. Once I do run that PA successfully, then the AI needs to be aware of that and maybe not completely go to stop the run on 2nd and short, but still expect it, but have the play able to stop the PA in case of it.

If the CPU sees my stud WR is just easily beating their top CB all game, then they should start focusing defenses on him when it looks like I'll be passing. They should start calling double teams and having the safeties also kind of shadow him most of the game. This will make stars have impacts on team. If I enter game 8 and my WR is the #1 receiver in the nation in yards and TD's, then the CPU should show him a lot of attention throughout the game and open up possibilities for other players to shine. Don't overdo it though, to where my #2 WR would be able to get 15 receptions because the CPU was focussed so much on my #1 WR even though I threw it his way one time the first three quarters.

― Plato
Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm 90% sure that there are no ratings drops for position changes in NCAA '11 other than AWR and OVR (which is lowered due to the greatly lower AWR). Moving a CB to DT or OL won't reduce his SPD/ACC/AGI/etc. His AWR will be horrible (as it should be as he has no practice playing OL) and AWR has a large impact on OVR so his OVR will be lower, but if he has 99 SPD as a CB, he'll still have 99 SPD.

Of course this is a dumb example, but it's the most extreme. He'll suck *ss as an OL due to horrible AWR, STR, PB, RB, RBF, etc, but he'll still be very fast and agile.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
If i was to move a DE to LB, in theory most DE are slower than your average LB and vice versa.

Not in college. Most DEs in college are LB's. If you looked at the roster you would see on average most DEs in the game weigh 230 to 255 with speed in the 80s. Which is why most college DEs get converted to LBs when they enter the NFL and most under sized college DTs get converted to DE in the NFL.

Only a handful of college teams actually have a DE that weigh 280-295.

Quote:
For the poster who plays on HEISMAN with base sliders:

Could you post some stats from a game for both teams?
Also, how does the typical game feel to you on Heisman?

Heisman plays just fine honestly once you lower the cpu pass coverage and INT slider. You get a pretty good balanced game. And you get a even better game after you change the coaching sliders.

Quote:
Another reason why I think rating drops should be taken out or adjusted is because lets say you want to put a corner at linebacker or a DB with speed to counter a highly mobile QB.

That isn't sim, that is some tournamnet play style stuff right there. Only tournament guys sub in DBs at LB and DE. Kind of funny AntonB and Shopmaster was just talking about that BS on the last Madden Round Table Radio Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #16
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm 90% sure that there are no ratings drops for position changes in NCAA '11 other than AWR and OVR (which is lowered due to the greatly lower AWR). Moving a CB to DT or OL won't reduce his SPD/ACC/AGI/etc. His AWR will be horrible (as it should be as he has no practice playing OL) and AWR has a large impact on OVR so his OVR will be lower, but if he has 99 SPD as a CB, he'll still have 99 SPD.

Of course this is a dumb example, but it's the most extreme. He'll suck *ss as an OL due to horrible AWR, STR, PB, RB, RBF, etc, but he'll still be very fast and agile.
Actually I moved one of my larger halfbacks to Fullback, and he lost a ton of speed. I mean he went from around 90 speed to the high 70's in speed, why I haven't a clue.

The more I think about it, I think that was in NCAA 10, but was the change position system actually even changed from 10 to 11 though?

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »