Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - New Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - New Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #41
NCAA Football 13 Technical Director

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
No, I think the NCAA wouldn't let EA have the option of changing the actual conference names, just division names.
Editing Division names is really a functional requirement, whereas editing Conference names is not.

If you bring the MWC Conference up to 12 teams, what would the division names be? They can be defaulted to "Division 1" and "Division 2" (which they are), but it would be kind of lame if you couldn't change it. As a side bonus, you can now also change the Big 10's horrible names :-P

Editing Conference names on the other hand, is not required to the same degree, since you can't actually create a new conference. It also wouldn't make as much sense because the name would still be embedded in logos and images throughout the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - New Custom Conferences

You won't be editing conference names any time soon... unless they allows us to delete or create conferences, which I doubt is happening as well. Do you honestly think someone working in marketing for the Big Ten, SEC, or WAC says, "Sure, you can use our logos and names and teams and everything in your game... oh and yea, they can delete us, too. We don't care!" Yea, fat chance.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #43
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman27
Sorry...but Texas A&M was never even close to considering a PAC 16. A&M wants absolutely nothing to do with Texas and will not join another conference with them in it. They will only leave the Big 12 when the SEC comes calling.
They were included in the original plan for the Pac-16. Ben is talking about the original fantasy scenario where the Pac-10 goes to a 16 team league with the 6 new teams it wants from the Big 12, and that includes Texas A&M. Doesn't matter what their stance was/is in real life. Obviously they and 4 other teams nixed the deal.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #44
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I just had to throw this in because I just saw it on twitter, but Seattle University is joining the WAC as a non football school, that just blows my mind
Half the people I work with went to SU or are currently attending and won't shut up about this.

One thing I noticed that has me optimistic for TB squads is that protected rivals can be edited... actually they HAVE to be edited. When he made changes to the divisions all the rivalries got screwed up. Washington/Ok State, Stanford/Colorado, Oregon/Arizona, and Ok State/Eastern Washington Continuation School were listed as the protected rivals.

So maybe/hopefully when TB teams are added, they can have rivalry games that actually count.

EDIT: On the downside, there's only ONE new high school stadium.

Last edited by prowler; 06-15-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #45
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarindude02
What is wrong with the ACC? I love the ACC. Of course it does not Compare to the SEC, but I was really hoping that the talk of FSU going to the SEC faded away. I believe in my team but, I'm really not so sure how we fair up. But most likely we would be playing in the East division, which is A LOT weaker then the West.
Perhaps at first Florida State would be at a disadvantage but being in the SEC with Florida would Definately help with the recruiting at home. Give it a few years and watch that rivalry be back to it's former glory The East is pretty weak right now, pretty good time for additions to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Cannon Fodder? Uh Miss State and Arkansas are not cannon fodder. Try watching the SEC bud.
When was the last time that Miss State or Arkansas beat Alabama? Now consider the fact that this is mainly discussion about the game and not the actual NCAA and then Miss State and Arkansas are Absolutely cannon fodder for Alabama especially and how often do they beat LSU? I do watch the SEC, great games, but one doesn't even have to these days. All the game's scores are easily accessible these days, check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
They were included in the original plan for the Pac-16. Ben is talking about the original fantasy scenario where the Pac-10 goes to a 16 team league with the 6 new teams it wants from the Big 12, and that includes Texas A&M. Doesn't matter what their stance was/is in real life. Obviously they and 4 other teams nixed the deal.
Of course the Pac-10 wants texas teams in it, will raise its Prestige up equivalent with the B1G and the SEC. Travelling East for games is much easier on the players then travelling West. That is why it is a bad idea for Texas teams to join the Pac unless they have no better options and teams like Texas and Oklahoma absolutely have better options then playing 4 to 5 games out on the west coast a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would love it if we could merge conferences together. My current plan has the Sun Belt at 7 teams and the WAC at 7. It'd be nice if I could merge them into one 14 team conference
Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the idea of being able to set up what conference gets automatic BCS bowl bids and what bowl it ties into. Only changes I'm planning on is making the Orange Bowl a ACC vs. Big East Bowl (ACC already goes there, Big East goes anywhere), and giving the Mountain West an automatic bid to the Fiesta Bowl vs. Big 12 champion.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #48
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Here's what I want to know, are the teams going to have the NEW conference logo on their field when you switch them?

It sucked last year because you'd move a team and it would still have the old conference logo on the field every game. Immersion killed....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »