Home

Just watched the newest FIFA Video.....

This is a discussion on Just watched the newest FIFA Video..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
Banned

TheRealCar10ck's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Just watched the newest FIFA Video.....

CHYEA SOCCER's NUMBER ONE. GO MAN U!...and USA
Old 06-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #10
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Fifa did what we wished madden and ncaa do. I think back 2005 they decided to start over and redo the engine. Fifa has been put together for next gen , same for NHL its no coincindence the both of them have RTP. Now NCAA and Madden are starting to redo their games that's why they are improving. Plus because of the number of interactions in football games, its better to watch what other sport type games do and code of that. Another reason why FIFA, NHL, Madden and NCAA is all in the same building now.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #11
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
That video was sick, and yes FIFA is the cash cow.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea, I saw that video the other day and was in awe. I really wish EA would strip down the engine and start over with that tech. The games we have now are so far behind, it's not worth trying to fix it.

― Plato
Old 06-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #13
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Fifa did what we wished madden and ncaa do. I think back 2005 they decided to start over and redo the engine. Fifa has been put together for next gen , same for NHL its no coincindence the both of them have RTP. Now NCAA and Madden are starting to redo their games that's why they are improving. Plus because of the number of interactions in football games, its better to watch what other sport type games do and code of that. Another reason why FIFA, NHL, Madden and NCAA is all in the same building now.
You'd think that would be the answer, but it doesn't seem like they can even get that right. I remember them saying last year that the new locomotion system for NCAA and Madden was based off the FIFA locomotion engine. But when you play the two games, FIFA's system is so much more consistent and realistic than NCAA/Madden. The foot planting is better, momentum is much more respected, cornering is done correctly, players feel like they have real weight to them, the run animations look more natural, and you don't see players get "warp speed" acceleration boosts when they need to get into position. Things look and feel so much more realistic in FIFA that I can't believe one engine is supposed to be based on the other.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:31 AM   #14
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Not to mention FIFA is also a much easier game to make when it comes to physics. In soccer you don't have 22 guys where the majority are doing complicated physical collisions and interactions with each other in a huge interactive environment.

There was an article where one of the developers discussed this, in FIFA the amount of collisions/physical interactions is hardly a fraction of what goes on in Madden/NCAA.

You have to remember a game disc has a finite amount of space, and a game can only be so large.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:34 AM   #15
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
Not to mention FIFA is also a much easier game to make when it comes to physics. In soccer you don't have 22 guys where the majority are doing complicated physical collisions and interactions with each other in a huge interactive environment.

There was an article where one of the developers discussed this, in FIFA the amount of collisions/physical interactions is hardly a fraction of what goes on in Madden/NCAA.

You have to remember a game disc has a finite amount of space, and a game can only be so large.

I never thought of it like this, it makes a ton of sense!

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

another thing i wonder about in a fifa vs ncaa comparison is the scale of the players and field vs real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »