Home

Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

This is a discussion on Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #25
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Birdman
I just got a question what threshold are you playing on. Because I noticed with threshold at 0 it made the long ball really easy to complete.
got mine set at 40 and deep ball hasnt been easy for me, maybe you're right!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithc6
Which of you guys have updated with the patch and which havent?
Im playing after the patch being downloaded...
Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #27
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

How many of you having the deep ball problems are using custom slider sets and/or custom thresholds?
Old 07-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm not seeing this at all. I try to catch defenses off guard and go deep on 1st down in my Wyoming defense and even when I have 3 WRs deep on 2 defenders I only complete the pass like 25% of the time. The safeties are always as deep if not deeper than my WRs and are able to move to position before the pass gets there.

This is Heisman default sliders and 65 speed threshold.

And I am not seeing curls being open all the time. Both curls and outs are only open when they should. When no one is covering the flats my short outs are working, but other than that it is stopped and when I run curls it only works when they're in cover 2 because that's where the hole is. In man coverage the DBs react and jump in front of my WR's most the time.
If the CPU runs man then curls are open no stop and never defended against. Maybe the threshhold slider is our difference though? I have mine set at 45 while you have 65.??? Again any time you are being jammed at the LOS hot route a streak and hes wide open. No help over the top. Obviously different coverages take this away here and there but the deep ball is open 50% of the time which is crazy! As far as out routes or in routes they are open against man and only time its not money is when I throw a bad errant pass (pass accuracy slider is at 20).

BTW, anytime I jam the CPU they kill me on deep pass as well and I have over the top help with 2 deep. All I am saying is the pass slider for pass coverage doesn't work. Try it. Put it at 0 then 50 then 100 and see if you can see a difference. I have mine at 100 and I cant go any deeper than that.

I am waiting for OS rosters just so I can start editing ratings and at the top of my list is press coverage, man coverage for ALL DB's! Safeties awareness will have to be at 99 for every safety in the game IMO or at least close to it...
Old 07-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #29
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
? I have mine set at 45

That is your problem. Put it at 0 and you won't have all day to throw deep balls non stop.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #30
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
How many of you having the deep ball problems are using custom slider sets and/or custom thresholds?
I'm on default AA, played a handful of games on default Heisman.

As I mentioned earlier, it's a combination of very little time in the pocket and a vastly improved CPU secondary. If I actually have time in the pocket its because the CPU is in a Cover 3 or 4 so no one is open down field. If they blitz they will always get to me before any of my WRs have a chance to get deep down the field and get open.

I'm not complaining, I love that it's a challenge to move the ball this year, but the game needs a lot of tweaking. Out of the box it's a mess IMO.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
got mine set at 40 and deep ball hasnt been easy for me, maybe you're right!!

Ya I have mine at 40 as well and I just tested using 4 verticals every play against Bama and they had me on lockdown basically so maybe it is something threshold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #32
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I feel like I'm lucky if I score 2 TDs passing with Mid Tennessee.

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »