Home

Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

This is a discussion on Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #33
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

People who say that passing is easy don't play "sim" ball. The only way that you can pass all over on harder settings is going to the "go to" routes like hitting the TE on 4 verts. Certain routes are open on certain plays a lot of the time. I could complete 90% of my passes doing this, but I choose to pick different plays and mix it up so I can't just go to those same plays.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #34
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Simple solution.....drop speed threshold to 0. There is no way in the world you can throw deep balls all day on Heisman on that setting. You will get sacked more times then not.

Unless you one of those back up 30 yards then throw it type of players. Looking at the highlight thread, I already know some you people are.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sounds like you just spent too much time mastering NCAA. Im playing AA and am having a difficult time putting points on the board
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #36
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
People who say that passing is easy don't play "sim" ball. The only way that you can pass all over on harder settings is going to the "go to" routes like hitting the TE on 4 verts. Certain routes are open on certain plays a lot of the time. I could complete 90% of my passes doing this, but I choose to pick different plays and mix it up so I can't just go to those same plays.
I tried a lot of 4-verts and cheese plays for testing purposes in my final game of the evening last night and still couldn't complete a thing. The CPU secondary has ish on lock whenever they please.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Exactly. Once you find those money plays, leave...them....alone. End of story lol.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #38
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I tried a lot of 4-verts and cheese plays for testing purposes in my final game of the evening last night and still couldn't complete a thing. The CPU secondary has ish on lock whenever they please.
It isn't just four verticals, if your TE lines up on the line for it with 2 wr out to the right the TE always gets free after about 10 yards. Same play that happened in 11. That is why this play was eliminated from our OD custom playbooks.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #39
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
It isn't just four verticals, if your TE lines up on the line for it with 2 wr out to the right the TE always gets free after about 10 yards. Same play that happened in 11. That is why this play was eliminated from our OD custom playbooks.
Sure, I know the situation you're referring to. I find that if the CPU is playing a zone then more often than not the underneath LB will be able to defend that pass if the TE is still shallow enough and once the TE gets deeper the safeties rotate and will either pick the ball off or hit the TE as soon as he catches it resulting in a dropped pass.

I can still complete it some times (basically when the safety crushes my TE but he still hangs on to the ball) but it's far from automatic from what I've seen so far.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #40
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Really? You're saying that CPU coverage on 100 is too easy?

I'm playing on default AA and the DBs are killing me with exceptional coverage.

It really sounds like we're playing two different games
This is my experience as well.

Of course, I have not tried running 4 verticals every play. ;-)

4 verts was a cheat play for me last year, hitting the tight end over the middle, worked 90% of the time.

I am not seeing him open this year on that play, plus, when I do run 4 verts, by the time my WR gets to the safety level, my QB is usually getting leveled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »