Home

Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

This is a discussion on Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #9
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53

In AA or Heisman difficulty during a running play, as soon as you snap the ball the playside CB sprints towards the runningback. It happens regardless of the playcall or anything else.
Makes me so freaking mad when my WR gets raped by the DB

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I haven't had any issues running, but I'm playing with varsity sliders heavily in favor of the computer. I run an option offense, so usually I can put up 250 yards on the ground, but there are times when I have a lot of trouble. Against Nebraska with Southern Miss in year two, I couldn't do anything on the ground. I resorted to passing and threw for 300+ (pretty much all garbage yards), but only ran for 70 or so.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I have no idea how to pass this own to EA but I saw versus2 youtube and I did my own testing and found the following which confirms AA is default setting. Oddly cheating is only when in cover 2 zone defense not man (including cover 2 man) or cover 3 (any cover 2 zone cheats whether a zone blitze, sink, etc...). The cheat is that the CPU CB on the side of the run immediately rushes towards the running back and is never ever blocked:

1) Varsity: CPU does NOT cheat against human run
Human DOES cheat against the CPU run
Meaning: CPU outside run is guaranteed loss, human runs
correctly
2) All-american: CPU DOES cheat against the human run
Human DOES cheat against the CPU run
Meaning: Both cheat so it is fair at least
3) Heismann: CPU DOES cheat against the human run
Human does NOT cheat against the CPU run
Meaning: CPU runs correctly, human outside is hard

Fortunately there are 2 fixes for this (PLEASE EA FIX THIS FOR REAL at least on AA level)

1) Move the WR on the side of your run in motion, if he is inside the CB he blocks correctly. This will not help the CPU so you should only play on Heismann where the CPU runs correctly if you are willing to do this on every outside run (CPU cheat has minimal effect on inside runs).

2) For some odd reason Rush defense set to 30 or lower initiates a chip block action 90% of the time on AA against the CB effectively blocking him and fixing the issue. Run blocking slider has no effect at all on this.
Thanks for the feedback. I have not run into any issues running the ball, but I will make sure thus gets over to our gameplay guys to take a look at. Have you tried adjusting the sliders like some others have suggested here? Curious to see what your thoughts are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I have no problem running for 175-250 yards a game on All American...and I'm playing with Kentucky, not like I'm Alabama or Oregon.
And.......that should tell you something right there.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
Thanks for the feedback. I have not run into any issues running the ball, but I will make sure thus gets over to our gameplay guys to take a look at. Have you tried adjusting the sliders like some others have suggested here? Curious to see what your thoughts are.
There are many plays where you can watch the CPU defense adjust to any audible the player calls (in the same formation), some are just more obvious than others, I just finished playing a game where it literally felt like the CPU knew what play I had just called, I do not mind having my butt kicked by a computer, as long as I feel like it has been kicked "fair and square" but this feels nothing like that. The game is awesome in so many ways, and frustrating enough to pull your hair out in other ways. There are a lot of guys who don't play very much and do not notice the CPU's psychic abilities, and then want to disagree with everyone claiming it does, what they need to do is be quite so the people who see it (and have video proof of it) can talk to people like YOU who may actually be able to help the community, and help make the game better, which is why we are all here.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

I've actually tuned the running game down via sliders but i know what you're talking about, i don't know if it happens enough to call it "broken" though
Old 07-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
you should also be nice enough to pass on the logic of the QB's who run the option and the lack of awareness of the blockers to even locate the right defenders to block there is no slider to coorect this issue.

I personally do not think QB's at Navy or Air Force should be given terrible low awareness just because they aren't at a major program. You can make them have all the speed in the world but irt won't make them react smarter on the Option.

Fire up any tape of Dee Dowis at Air Force during his time.

Those guys execute their option attacks because they are very familiar with their system

In this game Option QB's are are horrible at reading the defense and making decisions with the ball on the move and that's just the QB's without me even getting into the WR's and RB's who fail to block properly on those teams.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im averaging 5 yards a carry on heisman with rush defense in favor of the cpu. if anything i think its still too easy to run the ball. A lot of my big runs have been to the outside too.

Last edited by Mtneer08; 07-27-2011 at 07:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »