Home

Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

This is a discussion on Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Too many posts in this thread are completely ignoring the OP and instead turning it into a brag fest. Actually test it in practice mode and watch. It just adds to the psychic DB's abilities.

I can put up 200 yards rushing a game as well... if it's a run up the gut where I get 10 yards a carry. But outside runs have a much much lower success rate because in cover 2, the DB goes right for the back. Actually go test it before you go "game isn't broken, I have no problem." Go into practice, do a regular run to the right of the line, then do a misdirection against a cover 2 defense. In the first case, the right CB will immediately break for your running back on AA and Heisman. He won't even touch the receiver... yet he doesn't know it's a run right. Now do a misdirection. Magically, the left CB knows! It's a misdirection play, how could he possibly know at the snap! Flip the plays and watch how the magic cornerbacks still know the correct move to make.
I really don't understand how some of these guys don't have a clue what is being said on this thread. Its like I am watching people try to pound nails into the wall with their forehead!?!
For the record I unlocked the 200running 200 passing achievement in my very first game because I felt like doing it! The discussion here is not how hard it is to run the ball people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I read everything on this thread. You guys claim the CPU cheats on AA and Heisman by knowing the play before it starts. I disagree.. Yes the CB does break to the play sometimes but it doesn't happen all the time like some of you are claiming. Some are you are talking like its no chance of an outside run. My outside run is deadly especially when I had it at default Heisman.. So like I said before everybody skill level isn't the same..
Actually, it does happen every time the computer (and user) picks a cover 2 zone play and you are in the correct difficulty for it to happen. Actually try it in practice mode, and then get back to the thread. Never said the outside run is completely dead; you just better have extra lead blockers because the CB will not be blocked unless you are able to adjust for it, which is not always possible depending on the set you are in.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
I really don't understand how some of these guys don't have a clue what is being said on this thread. Its like I am watching people try to pound nails into the wall with their forehead!?!
For the record I unlocked the 200running 200 passing achievement in my very first game because I felt like doing it! The discussion here is not how hard it is to run the ball people.
How's your forehead feeling? I never said you couldn't run for 200 yards. Hell, you can run for 500 yards for all I care. You just have to overcompensate in certain situations or you are going to run into an unblocked corner that already knows the play. Is it that hard for you to understand, or is the headache altering your comprehension?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #44
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
How's your forehead feeling? I never said you couldn't run for 200 yards. Hell, you can run for 500 yards for all I care. You just have to overcompensate in certain situations or you are going to run into an unblocked corner that already knows the play. Is it that hard for you to understand, or is the headache altering your comprehension?

I think you misread that.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I read everything on this thread. You guys claim the CPU cheats on AA and Heisman by knowing the play before it starts. I disagree.. Yes the CB does break to the play sometimes but it doesn't happen all the time like some of you are claiming. Some are you are talking like its no chance of an outside run. My outside run is deadly especially when I had it at default Heisman.. So like I said before everybody skill level isn't the same..
SMH
I broke Alabama's single season running record with Trent Richardson my 1st season in my offline dynasty, I'm going to stop here because I have no interest in insulting you, which is exactly what I will do if I have to try to explain this to you any simpler than it already is on this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
SMH
I broke Alabama's single season running record with Trent Richardson my 1st season in my offline dynasty, I'm going to stop here because I have no interest in insulting you, which is exactly what I will do if I have to try to explain this to you any simpler than it already is on this thread.
Is there some kind of point you are trying to make here? You think it is realistic for the defense to already know the play? For someone who goes on about how it isn't about how hard it is to run... which I never said, you sure do like to go on how you did so-and-so with this and so-and-so with that. Who cares? It's not relevant. The point is the computer knows your play before you've snapped the ball. That's the purpose of this thread; not whatever you think it is by going on about 200/200 games and Richardson.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Too many posts in this thread are completely ignoring the OP and instead turning it into a brag fest. Actually test it in practice mode and watch. It just adds to the psychic DB's abilities.

I can put up 200 yards rushing a game as well... if it's a run up the gut where I get 10 yards a carry. But outside runs have a much much lower success rate because in cover 2, the DB goes right for the back. Actually go test it before you go "game isn't broken, I have no problem." Go into practice, do a regular run to the right of the line, then do a misdirection against a cover 2 defense. In the first case, the right CB will immediately break for your running back on AA and Heisman. He won't even touch the receiver... yet he doesn't know it's a run right. Now do a misdirection. Magically, the left CB knows! It's a misdirection play, how could he possibly know at the snap! Flip the plays and watch how the magic cornerbacks still know the correct move to make.

Again, Im not bragging but my posts have simply said that the DB is getting blocked by the WR and the DB is not even making a play on the RB. Others have said that too...so did we get a different game or do we wait for our blocks better or what? Why are some having no problems with DB's getting in on outside runs but you, OP & others are having issues?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think running is a little too easy....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »