Home

Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

This is a discussion on Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Yea, the internet is not the easiest place to make a point. Miss a couple posts and nothing makes sense any more. What I'm wondering now is how long this has been in the series now? Or is this something new they inserted to actually make one level harder than another. In the real game it isn't as bad thankfully because the computer doesn't always come out in zone, but it kills the triple option for me sometimes because no matter how often I go up the middle with the fullback, I decide to send a back to the outside, poof, they know what I'm doing instead of drawing towards the FB like would happen in real life.
To be honest I have always kind of felt like the computer kinda knew what play I was going to run on every down, I think it just becomes more apparent the more you turn up the difficulty. And sure, it's not going to be so blatant on every play, or the game would be considered broken. I DO believe though, this is EA's way of making it feel completive, if they would rewrite the game code, maybe they wouldn't have to cheat, to make the game feel difficult.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
SMH
I broke Alabama's single season running record with Trent Richardson my 1st season in my offline dynasty, I'm going to stop here because I have no interest in insulting you, which is exactly what I will do if I have to try to explain this to you any simpler than it already is on this thread.
Believe me there is no way I can get offended by someone like you man... Haha! You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. I'M NOT HAVING THE PROBLEMS YOUR HAVING. I don't know how much simplier I can explain it to you..
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I think the CBs have been like this for a few years now. It's is annoying/frustrating when my RB gets hawked down on a HB dive by a corner from the outside. It's absurd. I've mentioned it on here that I coach DBs before and if I ever caught my corner trying to make a play in the middle of the pile they'd never play again. Why? Play action. Play the pass, worry about the run second. It doesn't matter if it's man or zone. Their area is outside. Not making plays on runs. The only time they should ever be in the backfield is if they are on a blitz, and unlike the game likes to represent it, corners just don't blitz very often. It's very risky, especially if the QB picks up on it.

EDIT: I don't have difficulty running the ball on the game. I can usually have good success. But that doesn't make it right that the corners play like that because it's not.
Exactly, how is it that you will see CB's rush the HB on run plays...but NOT on play action plays? If the rushed on play action sometimes maybe it wouldn't be so obvious they were cheating on the run plays...
Old 07-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Believe me there is no way I can get offended by someone like you man... Haha! You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. I'M NOT HAVING THE PROBLEMS YOUR HAVING. I don't know how much simplier I can explain it to you..
I see exactly what Jericho is saying now haha.

Here's the thing, it's not always a problem; it's an annoyance. It's unrealistic. I can beat the system by going up the gut 35 times a game and get tons of yards... which is even more unrealistic. You'd think they would start picking up on it after awhile but they don't. I could run the ball up the middle a dozen times, but if I then call a run to the outside and they go into that cover 2 zone, that CB is on me like white on rice, unless I compensate... which I shouldn't have to do. CB should not know which way I'm running at the snap.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
What you mean to say is, you're not noticing what I am noticing, because you do not have an eye for football as I do. Its OK I have moved on, I have two small children, and I cannot expect them to have the same kind of understanding about football as I do, nor should I expect you to. Maybe after my boys have played college football, like me, then I could give them a hard time for thinking that this game is fine the way it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:

Here's the thing, it's not always a problem; it's an annoyance. It's unrealistic. I can beat the system by going up the gut 35 times a game and get tons of yards... which is even more unrealistic. You'd think they would start picking up on it after awhile but they don't. I could run the ball up the middle a dozen times, but if I then call a run to the outside and they go into that cover 2 zone, that CB is on me like white on rice, unless I compensate... which I shouldn't have to do. CB should not know which way I'm running at the snap.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:

I could have sworn I just told you I have a lot of success with the outside run(with no compensation). You keep bringing up the inside run. I'm gonig to leave it alone. We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this issue.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
What you mean to say is, you're not noticing what I am noticing, because you do not have an eye for football as I do. Its OK I have moved on, I have two small children, and I cannot expect them to have the same kind of understanding about football as I do, nor should I expect you to. Maybe after my boys have played college football, like me, then I could give them a hard time for thinking that this game is fine the way it is.
Haha! Thanks for the laugh. Go ahead and live in your own fantasy land if you believe your football knowledege is better then mine. I'm going to leave it alone. Only thing I can suggest you do is get in the lab buddy..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »