Home

FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

This is a discussion on FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #81
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Close. There were 6. The largest margin was 44-16 Indiana State over Western Kentucky. There were 7 in 2010, 5 in 09, 2 in 08, 9 in 07, etc.
Ah... I stand corrected. Thanks.

And looking through that article I posted, New Hampshire actually owns a winning record against FBS opponents (7-4-1) including wins against Rutgers (2004), Northwestern (2006), Army (2008), and Marshall (2007). Not too shabby if you ask me.

Also, looking through that article, I can't believe I forgot about our 2007 victory over the Clones... though I can believe that I forgot about that 10-8 win over K-State way back in '89... a bit before my time.

Last edited by mb625; 03-29-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #82
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Ah... I stand corrected. Thanks.

And looking through that article I posted, New Hampshire actually owns a winning record against FBS opponents (7-4-1) including wins against Rutgers (2004), Northwestern (2006), Army (2008), and Marshall (2007). Not too shabby if you ask me.
Yeah at this point, I'm not arguing they should be in the game, because like I said I ordered NCAA 06, so I'll have them available. Sure it would be nice, but I'll probably just buy the extra TeamBuilder slots. Now I'm just here to correct false information and defend the FCS lol.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Gameplay or whatever other areas you want NCAA to improve in would not be sacrificed by adding back the FCS teams.

The developers responsible for gameplay are completely separate from the art team. Modern game development is highly compartmentalized.

We are long-past the old days of gaming where it was just two or three guys creating an entire program from scratch. Instead, it's two or three guys working on a very specific area of the game (sound effects, commentary, art, rosters, lighting, animations, testing, etc.), forming a large team of 50-100 people.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-29-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Gameplay or whatever other areas you want NCAA to improve in would not be sacrificed by adding back the FCS teams.

The developers responsible for gameplay are completely separate from the art team. Modern game development is highly compartmentalized.

We are long-past the old days of gaming where it was just two or three guys creating an entire program from scratch. Instead, it's two or three guys working on a very specific area of the game (sound effects, commentary, art, rosters, lighting, animations, testing, etc.), forming a large team of 50-100 people.
While it's true that different people handle different areas, there is still an X amount of money allocated to developping the game. Therefore, putting more effort/time/money in one area means you will put less in another.

The result is not that Joe the gameplay guy can't work on gameplay because he has to work on graphical assets instead but rather that Joe might be out of a job because money has been rerouted to put in the FCS teams and they will now have only 20 people on gameplay instead of 25.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #85
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
While I do understand where you're coming from, I don't quite agree. Adding FCS teams probably likely wouldn't take much away from gameplay enhancements. The biggest part of adding FCS teams would be importing/creating logos, uniforms, and fight songs (maybe mascots and a few stadiums? But we'll say no to make it a little easier for EA). That takes no people away from the gameplay team.

They could work on it post-release and put it out as a $10 DLC or something and have even less impact on the graphics team's budget and workload. Plus that way, no impact on disc space either.

The biggest issue (work wise) would probably be updating rosters every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

My thoughts exactly. None of us know for sure, but I don't think adding FCS teams would take away from gameplay. I don't think gameplay guys are directly in charge of adding teams and such. Could it take away from stadium upgrades, equipment, player models, etc? Yeah it might. I think that's a fair tradeoff.

I'm hopeful, but I doubt we see FCS teams in this gen. I didn't start playing NCAA until later on the PS1 days so I can't speak on that, but when NCAA first came out on PS2, it had FCS teams (formerly 1-AA) on the original version. Just something to ponder. Teambuilder is great and all, but it has its limitations and I am a stickler for the details.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #86
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
While it's true that different people handle different areas, there is still an X amount of money allocated to developping the game. Therefore, putting more effort/time/money in one area means you will put less in another.

The result is not that Joe the gameplay guy can't work on gameplay because he has to work on graphical assets instead but rather that Joe might be out of a job because money has been rerouted to put in the FCS teams and they will now have only 20 people on gameplay instead of 25.
While I don't claim to know EA Tiburon's policies on such things, I really doubt they would fire people in other areas just because they put more resources into areas affected by adding FCS teams.

But like I said in my previous post, it probably wouldn't be much of an issue if after the game is released, they have a team start working on an FCS DLC.

Quote:
I'm hopeful, but I doubt we see FCS teams in this gen...Teambuilder is great and all, but it has its limitations and I am a stickler for the details.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 6

At least let us swap out all fbs teams with teambuilder teams, then we could play kind of an fcs season. We can create our own fcs teams
Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #88
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

you realize they have to pay all these schools as well so yes money would be taken away from other areas of the game. To say it has no impact on the other areas is flat out wrong. Especially when you're adding more disc space with the FCS teams that takes away space that could be used for gameplay or other areas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »