Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
The main thing I took from the article was this excerpt referencing player movement.

"The running game plays differently this year because they tuned player movement a bit. Honestly, the way it felt when running trying to find a whole was one of the things I complained about. They tuned it so you can't swerve all over the field (especially the ball carrier), but at low speed I thought it was a bit TOO tuned down."

So hopefully the turntable running is gone and we're back to where we should be. Key word, (hopefully) lol. The reason I say this is because I've heard guys before who were there during development state that the devs had the players planting and turning realistically in the early builds but then in the final product the players are sliding and twitch turning all over the place again.
Bottom line, Tiburon should be trying to appease the sim crowd first, the casuals are going to follow and buy the game anyway. Blitz is the game I think of when I think arcade, not Madde/NCAA. If its at all possible, maybe they can have two modes, Sim and Arcade setting, which changes the radius of the player movement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

How can you have a game with one of the main penalties, pass interference, is still not called? Penalties are a huge part of any football game, and PI can be a game changer. Something so basic eludes EA still. By reading some of the previews, this game is tweaked but it still is not close to being sim. You would think by now EA wouldve tipped their hat to us.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #27
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Here is something I just thought of that was very annoying in years past... Is there finally a true accelerated clock? Or is there still that ridiculous chew clock feature? The way it stands, it completely throws off time of possession and stats in the game.

Also, I'd like to see the question on the no huddle offense answered. Is it still the Chinese fire drill every play?

Thanks for any info.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 10

OK the subject came up about pass interference calls in the impressions, but nobody's at EA is talking about it. So I gather it's not going too be effective again this year. Also no mention of double-team pass blocking but blocking has been improved. My question for EA is, if the code in your current engine can't allow u too give us pass interference calls and double-team pass blocking, then just tell the community and be done with it. We shouldnt have too ask for this type of stuff for 7 years and no reasonable answer too why its not in the game.

It would be more a credit too EA too just say they can't do it and wait for next- gen consoles too come out then have us up in the air too why this stuff is not in and working somewhat properly. This is fundamentals of football!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
OK the subject came up about pass interference calls in the impressions, but nobody's at EA is talking about it. So I gather it's not going too be effective again this year. Also no mention of double-team pass blocking but blocking has been improved. My question for EA is, if the code in your current engine can't allow u too give us pass interference calls and double-team pass blocking, then just tell the community and be done with it. We shouldnt have too ask for this type of stuff for 7 years and no reasonable answer too why its not in the game.

It would be more a credit too EA too just say they can't do it and wait for next- gen consoles too come out then have us up in the air too why this stuff is not in and working somewhat properly. This is fundamentals of football!!!!!!
I am surprised that there is no absolute outrage about the lack of pass interference calls. Huge flaw, and to some a game breaker.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3
Ah it's that time of year when we all go from "I'll never buy again bc last year sucked!!" to "wow game sounds like its going to be much improved! I'm totally going to buy!"
Old 04-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #31
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Awee yeah I just posted 22 questions on there. He might be in bed now, but hopefully tomorrow he can answer them.
Great questions you asked over there.........sadly he punted though. I feel like people that tested it were just wowed by EA and haven't truly given sim football guys straight answers. Oh well, I will wait for a few months before I possibly purchase, if at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #32
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Great questions you asked over there.........sadly he punted though. I feel like people that tested it were just wowed by EA and haven't truly given sim football guys straight answers. Oh well, I will wait for a few months before I possibly purchase, if at all
You didn't look at Shaun's response did you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »