Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #41
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think what he talking about is little things like seeing the CPU AI return a punt for TD against you

That would make say WOW!

The CPU Blocks a punt changing the momentum of the game with their special teams again that would make you say WOW!

The CPU WR making a diving catch on 4 & 6 to keep a drive alive would make me say WOW!

The CPU QB reacting on a option play like a real threat (Tommie Frazier) would make me WOW!

Those are the things in 6 years that he is refering to that doesn't happen.....so if you see it finally happen then I'm sure you'll probably say WOW yourself because they are things you haven't seen in NCAA Football in 6 years.
Exactly.......If I see the CPU actually block a punt or FG, I would say wow.

If I see an option team be deadly, I would say wow.

If I see the WR actually dive for the ball on their own, I would say wow.

Seeing pass interference, I would say wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #42
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Gameplay Video Maryland @ Michigan (5/24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
lol at the DB guarding the "A" button receiver at 29 seconds. They got rid of psychic DB by creating dumb as rocks DB
You're obviously not a real-life DB... The DB was looking at the Wr's hips. When the Wr was starting to make his cut, the DB was expecting a 5 and stop, so he was dropping his hips also. Unfortunately for him, the WR cut up, leaving the DB in the dust. I can't agree with you until they show a full game, because it could be that the offense set that up will multiple five and stops, it could be that the DB wasn't that good, or it could be that the difficulty was too low.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
I really must know what do you mean wow this games been on the market for what 6yrs I don't think there is a lot of wow moments in yearly sports release ....not nba2k or MLB the show...Im trying to understand some of y'all but in the end it just seems like a bunch of *******in....

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
Maybe if you go back and read 2-3 years of post and video's notating the issues and fixes supplied by folks like Skillz, you would understand what he meant before making yourself look foolish attacking someone who's "Earned" his stripes here on OS concerning the breakdown of this game.

Just a suggestion to understanding some folks here.

I made the same mistake back in the day (2007) and once I started spending hours of tweaking sliders/player ratings etc... I began to notice those things that I didn't notice when I just played the game.

I actually saw and understood what the guy was really talking about.

Some people just see the little things in a video because of previous hours/days/weeks they've spent tweaking things to manipulate the Gameplay.

It's not that they're complaining, they just are able to pick up on certain strange animations/movements/programming that are not in-line with real football that con't to exist with a game.

That's all.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I don't like that last pass play (throwing a WR open). The route was supposed to be a Go route, yet the QB throws a corner route to the sideline. How would the WR know the ball was going to be on him that quickly, and how would he just immediately react to that type of change?

To me, that's not realistic and is a play that can be exploited. I'm all for throwing guys open, but it should be part of the designed route combination. You can't call a Go pattern and then decide to throw a slant or corner route and expect the WR to react to that. Throwing a WR open, to me, means you throw the ball before they are open and lead them to a certain spot.

I also didn't like how on the Option Read play that the DE crashed in (that was good), but never changed direction once it was established that the QB had the ball. He should've peeled back and tried to go after the QB instead of just continuing to chase after the RB.
I totally agree on the throwing the receiver open part. I have to go back and see the animation again but, when they were showing this in the gameplay playbook, they were turning outs into corner routes which is entirely unrealistic. On the go route if the WR kind of fades and catches the ball over his outside shoulder that's fine but, if he's completely just breaking into a corner route.... No bueno.

Also, I need to see the cpu perform some of these things vs a human opponent. Especially the read option.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #45
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Looks like last years game. Cool to see the DB's less psychic and LB's less olympic high-jumping though. Interested to see everyones reactions when this game actually comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #46
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

Game looks pretty good! I liked the WR faked the DB which is great Finally the route tree will be useable Lol

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #47
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I was not a fan of the first video at all. But this video showed a few things that would never happen in '12. '11 was so good because it did a lot of things solidly. I'm hoping '13 will be good for that very same reason.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #48
Rookie

Cane305's Arena

OVR: 1
Thought game looked a lot better then last weeks release,granted its in small clips, but visually game doesn't looked washed out like some of the screen shots have made it look. Read option looked a lot quicker and may actually be effective now. Just hope that the deep ball isn't open as much as it was in 12 and as much as it was in these clips...in the first pass play not only is the post corner open but wr on opposite side running a chair is wide open deep as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »