Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #57
Rookie

Jeter2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Gameplay Video Maryland @ Michigan (5/24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
You're obviously not a real-life DB... The DB was looking at the Wr's hips. When the Wr was starting to make his cut, the DB was expecting a 5 and stop, so he was dropping his hips also. Unfortunately for him, the WR cut up, leaving the DB in the dust. I can't agree with you until they show a full game, because it could be that the offense set that up will multiple five and stops, it could be that the DB wasn't that good, or it could be that the difficulty was too low.
I doubt an EA Sports game is programmed with the depth of knowledge you just noted. This wheel type route was deadly in NCAA 11 then switched off in 12 and now it appears made effective once again. Depending on the year EA allows certain routes to dominate. Last year it was slants, ins, outs, streaks. Posts werent effective. I remember in NCAA '09 the post was deadly
Old 05-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I didn't really have a problem with him leading the recievers on those plays BECAUSE the receivers were already looking back for the ball (He waited for them to light up first, watch it again).

That said, if he hadn't of waited for them to "look back" and tried to change the passing route...then I would've called shenanigans.

Otherwise, I'm still not hyped for this game. I guess videogame football just isn't for me anymore.
Look again. The receiver is looking when he first clears the corner but, when the ball is thrown he completely turns his back yet ends up perfectly timed when he turns his head over the opposite shoulder.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #59
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
I doubt an EA Sports game is programmed with the depth of knowledge you just noted. This wheel type route was deadly in NCAA 11 then switched off in 12 and now it appears made effective once again. Depending on the year EA allows certain routes to dominate. Last year it was slants, ins, outs, streaks. Posts werent effective. I remember in NCAA '09 the post was deadly
This year they made the DB's read and react right? You just got an example of it.If you want omniscient DB's, this isn't the game for you. #no offense
Old 05-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #60
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
this is all wrong. why was that d-end (left side) bending to the running back going to the right on the option? contain, contain, contain!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #61
Rookie

Jeter2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
This year they made the DB's read and react right? You just got an example of it.If you want omniscient DB's, this isn't the game for you. #no offense
I don't want to have a flawed game. I don't mean to come across as a scorned person but haven't we seen this act countless times before? EA says A we get B, and get somewhere in the middle after its patched
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #62
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I didn't really have a problem with him leading the recievers on those plays BECAUSE the receivers were already looking back for the ball (He waited for them to light up first, watch it again).

That said, if he hadn't of waited for them to "look back" and tried to change the passing route...then I would've called shenanigans.

Otherwise, I'm still not hyped for this game. I guess videogame football just isn't for me anymore.
Even then, I'd rather this be a ball-placement function, not a change-route function. Now, had the QB thrown a fade along the sideline, I wouldn't have minded seeing the WR alter his route because the ball's hang-time would have given him the time to locate the ball, adjust his route, and go make a play. By placing the ball to the outside with some loft the QB naturally changes the go-route to a corner just from making the receiver chase it down. This makes sense to me and is something QBs do all the time.

However, with the QB throwing a bullet, there shouldn't be enough time for the receiver to completely change his route. In this case, the ball should be high and to the outside shoulder, but with the reduced hang time, he shouldn't be able to adjust his route to the degree that we see in the video. There's just no way to react to a pass that isn't thrown where you're expecting that quickly, especially when you're running at full speed. The ball should be placed high and to the outside shoulder, but the receiver should continue running the go-route for the most part.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #63
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I was to busy noticing how pretty this game looks to pick apart the video.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #64
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

i REALLY like the visuals in the segment where michigan had the ball in the shadow of the stadium. looked so realistic
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »