Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #89
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

While I like how the db's seem to be behaving, it makes me fear that throwing for 400 and 500 yards will be too easy.

A way to offset the more realistic db play would be better DL/OL interactions, so that pass rush is more realistic.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I am with you all the way on this, and please do not let anybody deter your opinion on this new passing mechanic. I stated the exact same thing when the initial gameplay streams were posted, and I was met with nothing but opposition. This new passing mechanic is simply unrealistic and is the exact reason why you don't see incompletions in Madden and NCAA other than swats and drops. It is impossible for the WR's to "adjust" their routes in the manner that they are in these videos. I have never heard of any football concept of changing a receiver's route (especially to this extreme) based on your throw (e.g. turning a streak in to a corner route or a post in to an out-route). Basically, EA is saying that no matter how good of defense you play, you're defenders are always in the WRONG spot. When NCAA 13 and Madden 13 drop, I see a lot of people complaining and being frustrated when their games are constantly ending 62-58 because the defenses can't stop anybody to save their lives. The entire SEC is rolling over in their graves (as Charles Barkley would say) after looking at the "Lead WR to space" portion of the video. How can you play defense against that (especially zone)?

I don't like the implementation of this new passing mechanic at all.
We have to see how this plays out but, I agree wholeheartedly. When the programmers showed this mechanic in the webcast I gasped in horror (Actually, I didn't. Dramatic effect, Haha). I did have a problem with this when 2k was out though. Most people loved it but, I felt it was play call be damned; I'll just make a new route by the pass I threw. In the webcast they turned an out into a corner. You know what that should have been? An overthrow by about 5 yards.

Subtle ball placements are fine and necessary but they went the humanly impossible route with this. Total overreaction to the psychic DB's and super LBers. Neither of which were as egregious as many made them out to be. I really didn't have a problem with super linebackers at all. I just threw the ball where they weren't. Waited until the receivers cleared their area. I feel proper trajectories was the issue that needed to be addressed to fix that problem. I don't feel the receivers need to be rerouted to accomplish this.

Psychic DB's? I found that if I looked at the replay of all of my pass plays there was always someone open. I just had to pick the right guy. Now the read and react does look 1000% better but, most of the time I really didn't find the DB's psychic (except for blind swats). If DB's were able to mirror my WR's from time to time I just considered them to be covered.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
You guys realize these are just 3 second clips though right? Dudes are asking to see CPU punt returns for a wow factor LMAO.
yes we realize it but please tell us when do you think it would be the perfect time to see some CPU AI videos only?

Some of us aren't hear to bash the game....

We just want to see some CPU action because we've been burned for 5-6 years now by the EA hype videos that only show Human ability on the field.

We want to see the CPU react in these same offenses and make plays on their own for once.

I think the videos of Human players in action is good for ONLINE players but there are a lot of guys who pefer offline play and would like to start seeing a smarter CPU opponent on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
yes we realize it but please tell us when do you think it would be the perfect time to see some CPU AI videos only?

Some of us aren't hear to bash the game....

We just want to see some CPU action because we've been burned for 5-6 years now by the EA hype videos that only show Human ability on the field.

We want to see the CPU react in these same offenses and make plays on their own for once.

I think the videos of Human players in action is good for ONLINE players but there are a lot of guys who pefer offline play and would like to start seeing a smarter CPU opponent on the field.

are you crying ?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #93
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
The game comes out in little over a month and we still have not seen a full quarter of play with authentic sound, commentary etc. We are getting 30-45 second clips with music playing....not to mention these videos have done nothing to show what they worked on.....Its troubling me to see that they are advertising a WR being "thrown" open in the manner to which it is happening along with WIP.....Here's hoping to E3 being a coming out party.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #94
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
The game comes out in little over a month and we still have not seen a full quarter of play with authentic sound, commentary etc. We are getting 30-45 second clips with music playing....not to mention these videos have done nothing to show what they worked on.....Its troubling me to see that they are advertising a WR being "thrown" open in the manner to which it is happening along with WIP.....Here's hoping to E3 being a coming out party.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #95
Rookie

xcanadaman9x's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the clips looked pretty good.

The read option looks like what can open up if it is run right. Can Pat White, Darren Thomas, and Michigan QB#16 gain 100+ rushing yards if the end plays contain all day? And yes, ends crash in that far in real life.

And NDAlum, being a WVU fan, trust me when I say I've seen enough bubble screens that result in fumbles and one yard or less gains to make you want to sleep on a burning couch.
NFL:Houston Texans
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
NHL:Buffalo Sabres
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #96
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
All these years later, and the players still walk around like robots and zombies between plays. Drives me nuts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »