Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #81
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Hey, I def agreed with you in that thread! lol

But yeah, throwing a receiver open is just going to be another gimicky unrealistic feature to exploit. It's already in the game, but I guess it's going to have a more prominent role.
My bad. I shot you a thumbs up as a peace offering, lol. I will revise my original statement and say that I was met with opposition from everyone EXCEPT for you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New Gameplay Video Maryland @ Michigan (5/24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It would help the OL/DL if they programmed the entire OL/DL interaction to whatever the thresholds/ratings are to the RT/DE animation at 1:19.

The RT is actually being driven back while engaged.
***(of course after the patty-cake dance/push-off animation)

The WR bubble screen once again shows that the "Field" is scaled tooo small to were there is no room to actually run on these type of plays.

Meaning no Crease/Seam/Lane/Hole (however you want to term it) to catch and run.

Again, there in NO AI Awareness to utilize any posessed skills to ovoid being tackled.
Just run right into a high tackle animation "Again".

Kind of a prelude to what's going to happen on AI Punt Return eventhough they're trying to hype the "All New" Lane Awareness.

The object is to cross the opponents goal line with the football.

Are there any "Effort" animations available for the AI Ballcarrier to try and score with every attempt?
-a spin
-hand on the ground
-a hurdle the tackler
-some shakes to get by

Anything????

BTW, what are the chances they've programmed the WR to attempt one of these New Catch animations buy drop the ball.

When any of these special catch animations have been triggered, it's "ALWAYS" resulted in a catch with little/no regard to ratings.

Just a gamers curious question.
I'm not saying you're wrong on any of this when the game comes out but all the offensive plays were user controlled in that video. I don't think you can judge whats what when the user really doesn't attempt to make move to shake free. If I misread something then please correct me.

Last edited by fincane; 05-24-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #83
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Even then, I'd rather this be a ball-placement function, not a change-route function. Now, had the QB thrown a fade along the sideline, I wouldn't have minded seeing the WR alter his route because the ball's hang-time would have given him the time to locate the ball, adjust his route, and go make a play. By placing the ball to the outside with some loft the QB naturally changes the go-route to a corner just from making the receiver chase it down. This makes sense to me and is something QBs do all the time.

However, with the QB throwing a bullet, there shouldn't be enough time for the receiver to completely change his route. In this case, the ball should be high and to the outside shoulder, but with the reduced hang time, he shouldn't be able to adjust his route to the degree that we see in the video. There's just no way to react to a pass that isn't thrown where you're expecting that quickly, especially when you're running at full speed. The ball should be placed high and to the outside shoulder, but the receiver should continue running the go-route for the most part.
Great post and this is exactly what I was talking about. If we could get THIS implemented into the game, it would be great.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #84
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

OVR: 0

Looked better than last week.

The "throw it to space" feature is interesting. I don't share the same disdain for it that some are seeming to express. Is it a tad unrealistic? Yeah, it is. However, I don't mind having something like that in there, especially considering how much the CPU defense will try to cheat on higher difficulty levels (even if EA says they won't).
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Old 05-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #85
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
It's true that he should have contain, but this does happen. And it happens at a decent rate.

* This is the only one I could think of off the top of my head that demonstrated this perfectly. I'm sure if you google Vince Young you'll find plenty though.
1:34 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8qS3RGEu4

Now, if this happens 50% of the time, then yeah, that's going overboard. But I'd say probably 1/5 - 1/7 times the zone read is run in real life the DE will lose containment. Just depends on how well the RB is running the ball off the play. After all, if your teammates are stopping the run just fine then there's no reason to go after the RB. But if you're getting gashed time after time by the handoff, it gets really tough for the DE to stay at home.
Good point, thanks for the video. I guess it didn't seem to look very natural in game. But like you said, I hope it's not overboard and is balanced. It'd be nice to see awareness ratings take effect on whether or not a D-Lineman will bite on the fake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #86
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Read option - End bites wayyyyy too hard. I understand him going after HB like that if he is right on the HB. Being that far away and seeing the QB keep it? That's just terrible

WR creating space - Looks really good. The DB looks to actually read and react on the play. DB has to change momentum a little bit and in '12 that pass could probably be picked off often by super DB's. Also...it look as if the route he runs is 100% designed. Unfortunately we can't see the pre-play art...but the way he runs the route leads me to believe it is a post-corner route double move.

Bubble screen - Freaking terrible. The pass is made backwards...so a miss is a fumble. There are three defenders and one blocker. Looks just like '12 in this play. Sweet one yard gain!

Comeback - Looks great

Lead WR to space - Not a big fan of this. I mean it COULD happen. But this is dangerous and looks like it could be easily exploited. Some scrub QB should not be able to do this. UM QB #16 is a straight scrub when it comes to PASSING, so it worries me.

2/5 = 40%

FAIL

Didn't look at OL/DL interaction...not going to lol

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #87
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

The only thing I liked was seeing the DB #8 back peddling actually planting and shuffling his feet on the comeback route. Video is better than last weeks vid but still looks to be sliding on the field in zone coverage’s…OL/DL is the Achilles heel of this series. Why want they fix this? Ugh!

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 05-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #88
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

The WR creating open space and Comeback moves looked good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I'm with you. I realize the game is pretty average, I do, but the one thing that made it unplayable for me (outside of ratings not really mattering like they should) was the super linebackers.
That's my big thing this year, regardless of other changes and additions. Too many passes were batted down via super LB's, even if it did work both ways .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »