Home

Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

This is a discussion on Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I don't know what planet you watch college football on, but these "studio updates" are hardly realistic. Case in point... about 99% of the time we "go to Reece Davis" it's about some scrub team upsetting a Top 20 ranked team.

I know in five different dynasties - mine - and four other people, that Arkansas State beat Oregon at Oregon in each one. Sounds scripted to me.

It's typical EA - they know no middle ground. They have no clue how to implement something that you only see once in a while or just a few times a year. Nope, w/ EA it's ALL or NOTHING!!! And it's pathetic!!!
I've also noticed an anti-Alabama bias. Bama still recruits well and is in the low to upper 90s in Offense and Defense every season, but they never win more than 8 games a season and have lost 6 straight Iron Bowls in my dynasty, even in years Auburn hasn't been good.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 25
All I know is Alabama has lost its first game each time I begin a new dynasty the last 4x. But I think that just coincidence.

I "A " past the studio updates all the time now anyway.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #51
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20

The gam seems to pick a couple games each season to mark as potential upsets, they may not seem realistic but many upsets can be like that, Oregon v Ark St is always close, Michigan often beats Bama. It annoys me because sometimes they pick a game for the team you are controlling that you would likely not want to play, my Wash St team in 2013 lost to Idaho after I simmed it....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #52
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
it's not a useless feature. I find it funny that people cried for better presentation, they add it. Now people complain about it. I personally would like them to implement it better for sim reasons or maybe to get vid highlights too but. It's not useless. I've felt more connected in this dynasty than I have in a long time. I don't just look at my team stats anymore. And the studio updates have helped make it feel like a college saturday
Agreed. I love the new updates. Sure they could have been done better, but they definitely make the league feel more alive. Hopefully, they continue to build on this in the future. I would also like to see an option for them to be turned off and/or for the frequency to be turned to more or less often, so that guys who don't want to watch them don't have to.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »