Home

Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

This is a discussion on Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #25

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfWisconsin
Not useless at all, friend. Some of us here think that Studio Updates are the best new addition to the game in a long time.
Agreed. It's long overdue and adds a lot to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
That's cool, I like when people on this forum exaggerate. Studio Updates are a nice feature. Could have been done better, but fine as is. I still don't see why people have to play another teams schedule other than their own during a Single Player dynasty. Is it to make sure you're number one in the conference?

That is more scrubbish than having The Unthinkable Happen.
NOt sure what your talking about playing someone else schedule. I dont care about there schedule its the fact big teams shouldn't lose to cake schools every week like they do and that's the line he uses every week. Get your ncaa up.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #27
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

OVR: 10

I actually had it happen where the studio update final score didn't mimic the actual final score. They kept giving me updates on a nip-and-tuck Iowa-Iowa State game (Iowa eventually won 28-24). However, someone in my dynasty uses Iowa State and later won the game 34-0. How that happened is beyond me...they shouldn't be giving sim updates of user-controlled teams.

I suppose it is possible someone joined the dynasty after this game and took Iowa State and it could screwed up there...
Weekend Roady - http://www.weekendroady.com Sports and Travel. I'm a fan of the Nationals (MLB), Capitals (NHL), Wizards (NBA), Redskins (NFL), DC United/Montreal Impact (MLS), Crystal Palace (EPL) and too many college teams to count...
Old 07-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #28
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
Get your ncaa up.
What? And they don't. Please, show me some proof they do, I'll show you proof they don't. The scores are "simmed", not on the fly, but well enough. If anything, "cake" schools may get a win or two, but that is in the minority.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only time there is an issue is if you play multiple games per week. Most people only play their game so most won't be effected by it.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #30
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

Most of the upsets that I see happen are "upsets" that very well could happen. Arkansas over Alabama, Notre Dame over Michigan, Notre Dame over Michigan State, etc. I think I have only seen one upset that was a true "upset." I get annoyed over the "all out donnybrooks" that we have every week.

I like the feature, and hope they expand upon it next year. I like the fact that late in the season they keep me updated on the teams closest to me in my conference. I hope next year they can expand the feature to include highlight videos.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtles
Most of the upsets that I see happen are "upsets" that very well could happen. Arkansas over Alabama, Notre Dame over Michigan, Notre Dame over Michigan State, etc. I think I have only seen one upset that was a true "upset." I get annoyed over the "all out donnybrooks" that we have every week.

I like the feature, and hope they expand upon it next year. I like the fact that late in the season they keep me updated on the teams closest to me in my conference. I hope next year they can expand the feature to include highlight videos.
I agree, but the problem is people are seeing teams that shouldn't being upsetting teams doing so. I have 3 offline dynasties going right now. In all 3 I saw WKU beat Alabama. No offense to any WKU fans, but the chances WKU beats Alabama and beyond minimal, but yet in this game WKU beats them by 2-3 touchdowns.

Although I'm not a fan of the studio updates, as I stated in another thread, if they could be tuned and refined(stopping with the upsets and focusing more on close conference games) a bit I think they would be a great addition to the game. As of right now I skip them. Reece, although being one of my favorite personalities on ESPN IRL, sounds quite stale to me in game. Next year when they add to Reece's lines and tweak it a bit I probably won't skip it because it'll be that much better.

Right now though I find it just another great feature not quite implemented right, but yet with great potential.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

People love the studio updates ... If they are realistic and fit what is necessary.

The studio updates are so repetitive and stale. Oh look, Team A is beating Team B. Oh look, Team A with a big upset. They are the same thing and get boring.

That said, it EA could finally step up and get highlights involved, people would be into it. Every game should use "super sim" or whatnot. There is not just a final score printed. There is a realistic set of plays that happen in the games. So why can't they replicate a "replay" for the plays that occur, like old NFL 2k5? Wouldn't you be more interested if, "As you can see, Alabama got this huge touchdown run from Player X and they are starting to pull away in this game that was close at the half."

Better yet, what if there was a "live look-in" for upsets. Alabama down to the wire against unranked team? Go live to the last possession. Don't want to watch, quick press of x and you are out of there.

Just sticking in a generic looking screen and saying "Look, we did a studio update like you wanted," doesn't do justice to what the world of college football is like on a Saturday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »