Home

Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

This is a discussion on Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

it's not a useless feature. I find it funny that people cried for better presentation, they add it. Now people complain about it. I personally would like them to implement it better for sim reasons or maybe to get vid highlights too but. It's not useless. I've felt more connected in this dynasty than I have in a long time. I don't just look at my team stats anymore. And the studio updates have helped make it feel like a college saturday
Old 07-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
there's a bug where if you play games that have updates in other games, you will crash the game

so you need to play the games backwards in time (i.e. play an 8pm game before a 3pm game)

because if you play the 3pm game, change the result, then the 8pm game will crash because it no longer has the update from the 3pm game

all around a useless feature that causes problems

THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED

Not useless at all, friend. Some of us here think that Studio Updates are the best new addition to the game in a long time.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I love the addition, I just think it's implementation seems a bit lazy. I just don't get how this feature was so easy to produce on the SNES, PS1, and PS2, and now all of a sudden, they can't do it properly.

On the PS2 NCAA games, your in-game updates were not pre-scripted. We got real time score updates, and the score changes were simmed as your game was going on.

Minor gripe? Maybe. But the way they've implemented this sort of takes away some of the fun in hearing "the unthinkable has happened," knowing it was already pre-ordained.

Last edited by Deegeezy; 07-18-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I'm lost do the studio updates that show final scores coincide with the actual final scores for the week?

Meaning if the show Ohio State beating Wisconsin 24-14. When you advance to next week is that the actual score.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
Banned

Ninjas N Grits's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I'm lost do the studio updates that show final scores coincide with the actual final scores for the week?

Meaning if the show Ohio State beating Wisconsin 24-14. When you advance to next week is that the actual score.
Yes

****Everybody knows Jackie Robinson was #42****
Old 07-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7

Yes. When you advance from week 1 to week 2, it simulates all week 2 games and prepares the studio updates at that time and only playing the game yourself will change that simmed result.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #15
Rookie

there annoying and worst part is " the unthinkable has happened"
followed by a top team getting blown out by a scrub every week in dynasty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
there annoying and worst part is " the unthinkable has happened"
followed by a top team getting blown out by a scrub every week in dynasty
"DAVID TOOK THAT ROCK..."

the biggest problem with the updates is that they are unable to make them organic, upsets need to happen so i believe the sim engine is compromised to make sure there are enough upsets at various times of day to make the feature interesting

i mean upsets happen in real life but MAC teams, SBC teams, WAC teams don't beat up on Big 10, SEC, Pac 12 teams all in the same weekend

they probably should've given the option to turn this off, let folks sim games like they could for 10 years

i don't care about the marketing gimmicks, i care about having a sane dynasty that doesn't crash every 15 minutes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »