Home

epic game vs top 100 player must see

This is a discussion on epic game vs top 100 player must see within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #49
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: epic game vs top 100 player must see

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Illuminat is defending a cheese gamer, he must play that way himself.
Reading is FUNdamental!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC, Post #39
That was a cheesefiesta on both sides
Quote:
Jarrod is right. Hell even take a delay of game before punting, kick it as high as you toward the corner. Its pretty easy to pin guys deep.
Look at the game. By my napkin calculations, FSU was averaging twenty yards per play. Saying you would punt the ball to a guy who's already scorched you for 400+ passing yards just to gain ~20-30 yards of field position (see above) and :30 of time is insane. And FSU proved how insane it was when he took it 65 yards in two plays to tie the game.

Possession is the most important thing in football. People are way, way, way too eager to trade it for meager returns.

Last edited by IlluminatusUIUC; 08-12-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #50
Rookie

RidirkulousPokes's Arena

OVR: 0
I don't know what's more hilarious, the "cheese" gamer (that adjective alone is ridiculously gay) or, the Internet tough guys that are losing their crap over some guy they've never met and are insanely mad at how he plays.

To the OP, who gives a flying fack about what all these jackasses think. Play the way you want. It's your game. They don't know football more than you do or else they wouldn't be on this board spewing vile nonsense trying to justify their insecurities.

To each their own.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #51
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by routecombo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIfBaXCYgmg&feature=plcp

Quarterfinals of a tournament. epic finish
Well edited and nice commentary!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Well edited and nice commentary!
Thanks man. Appreciate that.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:57 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1
Post Re: epic game vs top 100 player must see

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Maybe in the warped online world running certain plays is taking advantage of AI but that is not the goal for the sim people we talk about. Your playcalling should be what wins, not how much you can abuse the AI. Your stick skills should be what wins, not abusing a play because you know it works.

People should be running plays to defeat their opponent, and its a disappointment it can't be done because of the easy difficulty online coupled with the flaws of this game.

The old school fair play rules made these games a lot more fun to play online. Sure there are times in real life where people have an unusual tendancy. Typically once in a great while.

You won't see Coach Payton going for two every TD, going for 4th down in the 4th quarter, going for an onside every kickoff.
A few years ago Bill Belichik went for it from his own 28 on 4th and 2 late in in the 4th rather than punt the ball to Peyton Manning. There was a big debate afterwards whether or not it was the right move and mathematically it was actually the right move. They had a higher percentage chance of converting it than stopping Peyton. So if he felt he had a higher chance of getting the 4th down than stopping him he made the right play. Boom. Roasted.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
A few years ago Bill Belichik went for it from his own 28 on 4th and 2 late in in the 4th rather than punt the ball to Peyton Manning. There was a big debate afterwards whether or not it was the right move and mathematically it was actually the right move. They had a higher percentage chance of converting it than stopping Peyton. So if he felt he had a higher chance of getting the 4th down than stopping him he made the right play. Boom. Roasted.
I wouldnt disagree with your boss, I said there times (once in a great while) where Coaches take chances like that... When is the last time Belicheck went for it from 4th and 2, inside his 30? ... That was the first and the last...

And while he did it, I'm sure he wasn't abusing an AI bug to try to pick it up
Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #55
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Congrats, but this kind of play disgusts me. Instead of a battle of minds chess type game. You guys played a 5 year old vs 5 year old checker slobber knocker. Both running the same plays over and over regardless of defensive adjustments. His shake route play was interesting. I've seen the motion quick drag before, but (A)'s route was a new level of cheap. I'm still trying to figure out how players like you all consider yourself elite. Finding a powerful play and recycling it all game is lame.

I'm proud to say I've reached the top 25 online (PS3) without resorting to this nonsense.

Plex-07
Skills: 97
Strategy: 56
Sportsmanship: 86
couldn't agree more with the bolded part, pathetic gameplay with random 2 pt conversions running the same plays over and over..... 0 skill

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidirkulousPokes
I don't know what's more hilarious, the "cheese" gamer (that adjective alone is ridiculously gay) or, the Internet tough guys that are losing their crap over some guy they've never met and are insanely mad at how he plays.

To the OP, who gives a flying fack about what all these jackasses think. Play the way you want. It's your game. They don't know football more than you do or else they wouldn't be on this board spewing vile nonsense trying to justify their insecurities.

To each their own.
Man, this post wasn't even necessary. You can't say anything about internet tough guys with a post like this. I'm sure using "cheese" as an adjective is much worse and more ignorant than using "gay" as an adjective...

He posted for people to give their thoughts and they are. It also wasn't necessary to call a bunch of people you don't know a Jackass.

I think you have this whole thing backwards.

Sent from my Desire HD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »