Home

epic game vs top 100 player must see

This is a discussion on epic game vs top 100 player must see within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #33
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: epic game vs top 100 player must see

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
To paraphrase "I glitch".
Old 08-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

OP you sound like you the kid who was pushed into lockers by players on the school football team
Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #35
Pro

After the first FSU series, I had to stop. Why go for 2 that early? Makes no sense at all. My friend's 11 year old does that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

This is why I don't play competitively any more... just in a few online leagues.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #37
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm really glad I read the 1st page of comments. It sounds like I avoided wasting my time by actually watching this video.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #38
Rookie

Another game vs top 100 player.
This is much more sim like.
Hopefully this gets better reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEflJjgDLXc&feature=plcp
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #39
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

That was a cheesefiesta on both sides, but some of you guys criticizing his decisions are just horrible at strategy.

This is a classic example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Man that was horrible clock management at the end of the 4th quarter. You made him burn all of his timeouts with a 1:16 left on the clock I believe and passed the ball on 3rd down. ???? I would have ran the ball and melted the clock as far as I could then punted it and took my chances on defense with him trying to score with no timeouts left with under 40 or 30 seconds left on the clock.. You made that game harder then it needed to be at the end..
FSU was picking up big plays in 50+ yard chunks. With his timeouts burned, Bama needed a first down to ice the game. The additional :30 and 30 punt yards are effectively meaningless. Either FSU is going to get it back all at once (Which they did, you'll notice, by scoring on their 2nd play) or they will turn it over on downs trying. You aren't going to make them run out of time by dinking and dunking down the field. Take two shots to win the game outright vs. giving him the ball back under any circumstances.

Conservative isn't always smarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredonia
After the first FSU series, I had to stop. Why go for 2 that early? Makes no sense at all. My friend's 11 year old does that.
So does Chip Kelly. Oregon goes for 2 after their first TD all the time (4 times last year alone). It puts pressure on the other team, because they either have to go for 2 themselves - and most teams don't practice them as frequently - or they are constantly 1 point behind the curve.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
That was a cheesefiesta on both sides, but some of you guys criticizing his decisions are just horrible at strategy.

This is a classic example:

FSU was picking up big plays in 50+ yard chunks. With his timeouts burned, Bama needed a first down to ice the game. The additional :30 and 30 punt yards are effectively meaningless. Either FSU is going to get it back all at once (Which they did, you'll notice, by scoring on their 2nd play) or they will turn it over on downs trying. You aren't going to make them run out of time by dinking and dunking down the field. Take two shots to win the game outright vs. giving him the ball back under any circumstances.

Conservative isn't always smarter..
Conservative would have been much smarter in that situation. I'm sorry but I rather take my chances punting the ball and possibly pinning him inside the 20 with no timeouts left and a 7 point lead instead of passing it on 3rd and stopping the clock. Then he throws a pick on 4th down giving him good field position with plenty of time left. If you believe that was good strategy then your clock management is just as bad as his was..

If your on playstation and you really want to find out how horrible my strategy is just hit me up and I will gladly show you. "Jarodd21" is my PSN..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 08-12-2012 at 03:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »