Home

Remeber when the defensive ends used to get a pass rush?

This is a discussion on Remeber when the defensive ends used to get a pass rush? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Remeber when the defensive ends used to get a pass rush?

oh let's go invade them.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #18
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

What is the best way to get pressure with DE, for CPU and for USER? I use FSU and have two pretty high rated DEs. First two games of schedule are against FCS teams and they totaled 1 sack between the two of them. I tried letting the AI do work, which was useless and I tried USER controlling them, which didnt work.

Any tips?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
Rookie

trrt's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Huh? The D-line, specifically the DE's don't do anything on Heisman. Once again, this is computer controlled DE's.

I could go weeks without seeing a sack by am AI controlled DE.
Hey fistofrage, have you had any luck improving this situation using player edits? i spent a few hours once trying to get Clowney from SC to show ANY sign of being the beast that he is in real life and had no luck. I think i had all his pass rush attributes and related attributes cranked to 99 and still nothing.

the only thought i had which im sure many have thought of before is to crank up the DE attributes and dumb down the DT attributes (and perhaps modify the OLine players too). Too much work if you ask me but id be willing to try it. And then get the pass rush sliders sorted out. Sometimes i have to laugh at the the things i am willing to do for this damned game!!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrt
Hey fistofrage, have you had any luck improving this situation using player edits? i spent a few hours once trying to get Clowney from SC to show ANY sign of being the beast that he is in real life and had no luck. I think i had all his pass rush attributes and related attributes cranked to 99 and still nothing.

the only thought i had which im sure many have thought of before is to crank up the DE attributes and dumb down the DT attributes (and perhaps modify the OLine players too). Too much work if you ask me but id be willing to try it. And then get the pass rush sliders sorted out. Sometimes i have to laugh at the the things i am willing to do for this damned game!!
No, I haven't messed with the player rating. Will Gholston for MSU is a beast in real life, but gets no pass rush at all from the DE spot. You can even put the Punter in at left tackle, and no pass rush from him. Its a programming issue. The DE play used to be fine in this series, but its broken now.

I honestly wish this series would just be cancelled, then I wouldn't be tempted to buy it anymore and deal with frustrating issues like this.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Make sure you're using the right kind of special move (power or finesse) for your DE's ability. I had a DE come a couple sacks away from the record one year because he was beastly at finesse moves.

There is too much DT pressure compared to DE pressure though, when the CPU controls the line.
How do I perform a power or finesse move? What button does each?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #22
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I've been happy with my DE play. I play on Heisman with custom sliders. I only control my MLB (Kenny Demens) in my 3-4 defense so all D-line sacks are AI controlled. My best DE led my team in sacks.

These are their OVR ratings:
  • DE Roh - 84
  • DT Campbell - 82
  • DT Washington - 77 (Backup, but plays in 4 man sets in nickle, dime, and the occasional 4-3)
  • DE Beyer - 82
  • DE Clark - 75 (backup and only plays in garbage time)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #23
Rookie

i remember the days where if you had 2 superstar DE's.. like say both 95 overall, you could cause havoc without blitzing against both the run and pass. now, book ends are urban legend.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Well that sounds like a blast.

Glitch Much?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »