Home

Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #41
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
Another factor that makes recruiting much too easy even on the highest difficulty ratings involves pipeline states. It is much too easy to establish new pipeline states. One even has little trouble making a pipeline state of a state that could never become one in real life college football.
You mean I shouldn't go get 4 one star recruits from Cali, Flo-Rida, Texa$, and the great state of Ohio?

LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey d
I always cut players the computer recruited for me whether I am over the limit or not. After that, I cut only 5th year seniors, on the premise that they graduated and are leaving school. Sometimes I have some difficult decisions to make, often losing some players in the two-deep this way.
I can see why you do such a thing considering that not enough players leave a team before using up all years of eligibility reaming to make for a realistic experience.

A related point is that there are no 5th year seniors in the game who never red-shirted and are on the active roster for five years. I would assume that this can be added to the game without much trouble.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
You mean I shouldn't go get 4 one star recruits from Cali, Flo-Rida, Texa$, and the great state of Ohio?

LOL
This potential "game cheat" had not occurred to me. Maybe the four player benchmark should be eight players instead.

Maybe the star ratings of players should be a factor as well as the number of players. If you have four three star players then you could be considered to have a pipeline in the state only for three star players or lower.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 11-17-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #44
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
[/quote]One thing to possibly try (I havent tested this yet, but used to do it back in the old days, ie NCAA 2004, 2005 area) is that 70% of your recruits must come from your home state and the other 30% can be from pipelines and other states.[/quote]

My only thing with this, is that it wouldn't be realistic for teams like Oklahoma who recruit heavily for Texas with maybe tops of 20 percent of the roster being from Oklahoma. Or a school like ND who is a predominate power when it come to recruiting. but if you recruited mostly from Indiana they would be quite terrible.

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's

Last edited by Soonerfan14; 11-17-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #45
Pro

I can't find the word to express my frustration over the fact that the last patch has failed to deliver as promised on the recruiting front. It was supposed to make the CPU's AI make more offers to recruits. It has done little or nothing. When I finish a recruiting season I still end up with three star recruits that have no scholarships offers from any school. This even applies to some recruits who were not busts and have good Overall ratings of seventy or even higher. This state of affairs stinks.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 11-18-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
Another factor that makes recruiting much too easy even on the highest difficulty ratings involves pipeline states. It is much too easy to establish new pipeline states. One even has little trouble making a pipeline state of a state that could never become one in real life college football.
It's easy to establish pipelines if you recruit lowly rated players to get over the pipeline minimum. If you recruit based on needs and talent then acquiring pipeline states is more realistic
Old 11-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #47
Pro

Maybe the thing to do is calculate the percentage of players from different states currently on your roster and recruit within these same percentages.

Maybe the game should have set "historical" pipeline states that never change. I think it used to be this way. I have played the game for many years but only began playing dynasty this year.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed

LOL
Because this game flaw can be avoided by playing the game in a certain way perhaps we should not be as hard on EA Sports about this one. I am more bothered by the recruiting flaws that have no work-around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »