Home

Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #97
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode

I HAVE SOME BIG NEWS

I have just discovered something pathetic about the way recruiting works during my last recruiting experiment. Five 4 star recruits that I had one my board and who I removed from my board without signing (I offered a scholarship to only one) were not signed by any team and disappeared from the game. The game assigned hundreds of 3 and 2 star recruits to other teams and just deleted five 4 star players. What I think is that if you put any player on your board for any length of time there is a good chance that he will never be signed by another team no matter how much talent he has. This means it is back to the drawing board for me.

I may try again and follow the suggestion of one of the posters on this thread. This time I will update my recruiting board every week but never put a single player on my board unless my school is his first choice. I may not be able to worry about what state a player is from. I will still limit myself to the same star distribution I used in my earlier experiment.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 11

Since I am probably one of the few that recruit to the full 25, let me explain what just happened in my offline dynasty.

During regular season I signed 24 players. That would mean my team should have 1 slot left for transfer or recruit to sign right? I thought it would but game gave me 3 transfers. I kept the transfers thinking they would at least fill a need but they did not do so.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #99
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
Since I am probably one of the few that recruit to the full 25, let me explain what just happened in my offline dynasty.

During regular season I signed 24 players. That would mean my team should have 1 slot left for transfer or recruit to sign right? I thought it would but game gave me 3 transfers. I kept the transfers thinking they would at least fill a need but they did not do so.
I'm pretty sure that transfers have never counted against the current year.

I know in '12 (where I only recruited to 70) that I got transfers and had to remember during the offseason to recruit to 70 minus #transfers because they didn't show up in the team needs screen.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #100
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm pretty sure that transfers have never counted against the current year.

I know in '12 (where I only recruited to 70) that I got transfers and had to remember during the offseason to recruit to 70 minus #transfers because they didn't show up in the team needs screen.
Transfers do not count against the player count the first year with the team. That goes with your post.

However, they count against the scholarship total. After I accepted the transfers I could not sign another recruit because it said I had 0 scholarships left.

I had seen in 13 and other years 27 recruits signed. However, this was the first time I had seen the total hit 27 with transfers as a part of the 27.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #101
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
Transfers do not count against the player count the first year with the team. That goes with your post.

However, they count against the scholarship total. After I accepted the transfers I could not sign another recruit because it said I had 0 scholarships left.

I had seen in 13 and other years 27 recruits signed. However, this was the first time I had seen the total hit 27 with transfers as a part of the 27.
Transfers do not count against the scholarship total but they do appear right away on your roster and you may have to cut them or other players to get down to 70 players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #102
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
Transfers do not count against the scholarship total but they do appear right away on your roster and you may have to cut them or other players to get down to 70 players.
If they DO NOT count against the scholarship total then week 1 of offseason recruiting I would have had 1 scholarship left. I did not have 1 left, I had 0 left. I believe transfers have always counted against the scholarships. That is not an issue with me. It was not why I posted what I originally posted either. I posted what I posted that Jello1717 quoted because of the number 27. I have had it happen numerous times over the editions of NCAA, 27 signed recruits. My scenario that just happened was the first time I saw the number 27 that included transfers.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #103
Just started!

OVR: 0

I personally never over-sign. However many opens spots I have is what I offer. Typically my average class is 13-15 players because I redshirt almost every recruit and have very few players jump early.

I am pretty far along in my dynasty and have on average 4-7 underclassman consider it. My understanding is the higher your Coach Prestige, the better the chance they won't leave. I almost always use the "You won't regret getting your degree.." line with great success.

The reason I don't like to oversign is because I play an off-line dynasty and normally all my recruits are or 4 or 5 stars. If I only have 13 spots open and sign a full 25 recruits and cut the rest these players are removed from the game and weaken the overall competition. Over several recruiting cycles this gap will just grow and grow, if players had the option of going elsewhere I might slightly oversign but really I'm not a fan of it.

I enjoy recruiting and reading the forums I understand many of the gripes. It is too easy, although here are some thing I do that make it a bit more exciting:

1) Go after "Athletes!" They certainly take much longer to scout but the versatility is worth the trade-off. The base grades give you an idea of what type of player you have. Most can play CB, SS, FS, WR, HB or QB. I run a power spread offense and rarely recruit even a true scrambling QB, my current QB was an athlete and he has a 98 in speed and 96 in acceleration and he's a redshirt sophomore. I also like the big "athletes" although they are rare. I signed a 6"7 260 pounder that could play TE, T, C, OR G. I put him at TE as project player

2)Position changes! LOOK AT JUNK STATS! What I mean by this is look at the stats that do no pertain to that players position. I signed a 4 star Speed WR who to my surprise could actually throw and pass. BAM new star at QB. I found a DT who could play right tackle for me. Sometimes you will see a CB that can play WR. If you might be lacking at a certain spot CHECK YOUR JUNK STATS! You might be sitting on a gem.

My two cents, I added my gamer tag when I joined PM for a match!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
They do count against scholarship total.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »