Home

Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

This is a discussion on Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercasecurtis
Glad we're on the same page. Great minds think alike! I also blame timeetyo for his awesome roll spread sheet and the creation of more and more rolls lol.
lol - it is a bit addictive. But hey - with faster recruiting this year, more time to play with this stuff.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 3

Have a couple questions if you don't mind -

1) How do you do scheduling for the independents, or do you just let that fall as it may, and if 1 team is playing harder teams more consistently so be it?

2) You mentioned I believe if a team is ranked in preseason poll you move them up to the elite level.

Quote:
• The only exception to the normal promotion rules is if a team would otherwise begin the season ranked while in the 3 lower tiers. This can cause more than 1 team to be promoted in any given season and also overrides the 3 season lock for after moving up/down. Any pre-season ranked team will always be promoted to the top tier. I have found this is a key to ensuring that all NCG teams are from the Elite-tier.
How do you know which teams will be ranked in preseason while doing the custom conference? I can't remember if there is a way to see or not?

For example I see you had TCU in the High Tier, and in the game they are ranked, or maybe I misunderstood that?

btw this is an awesome idea and I am trying it now.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Have a couple questions if you don't mind -

1) How do you do scheduling for the independents, or do you just let that fall as it may, and if 1 team is playing harder teams more consistently so be it?

2) You mentioned I believe if a team is ranked in preseason poll you move them up to the elite level.

How do you know which teams will be ranked in preseason while doing the custom conference? I can't remember if there is a way to see or not?

For example I see you had TCU in the High Tier, and in the game they are ranked, or maybe I misunderstood that?

btw this is an awesome idea and I am trying it now.
1) I can only control this for my team if it is in the independents. My plan is to schedule as many as the other IND teams as possible, 1 FCS team, and the remainder I'll fill in with weaker regional teams.

2) When setting custom conference you can (at least in '13) see the preseason rankings for the top 25.

I setup my tiers for this before the full top 25 were released so it sounds like I need to bump TCU up if they are starting in top 25. I'll also make sure check for any other outliers I've missed.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 14

Hey Timeetyo,

Really enjoying the conference set ups so far! I'm just about to finish up my 2nd season and it's been kind of a strange one, even for college football haha.
Army and Navy each had 11 wins, my team, Old Dominion, got Oregon, UGA and LSU in my default schedule lol. I was just wondering if you had any tips, I think I kept protected rivals on in all of my conferences. Any help would be great appreciated, thanks man!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #69
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm gonna run this setup with the 8 CFL teams as independants I think. It's a great idea really.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
Hey Timeetyo,

Really enjoying the conference set ups so far! I'm just about to finish up my 2nd season and it's been kind of a strange one, even for college football haha.
Army and Navy each had 11 wins, my team, Old Dominion, got Oregon, UGA and LSU in my default schedule lol. I was just wondering if you had any tips, I think I kept protected rivals on in all of my conferences. Any help would be great appreciated, thanks man!
Who was in the NCG the first few seasons? Anyone from outside the top tier?

I always turn off protected rivals as it means 9 conference games as opposed to 8 which helps protect the integrity of the top tier.

Ouch on the default schedule - I think I would change that up. When scheduling my out of conference games I always use these guidelines:
- Only 1 FCS team - and only if I'm 1-2 stars
- If needed, schedule any rivalry games not in my current conference
- Fill the balance with teams with similar talent level to have as many competitive games as possible. This means when I have a top team I get a really brutal schedule.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
lol - it is a bit addictive. But hey - with faster recruiting this year, more time to play with this stuff.

haha yeah, that's why i decided to play with 3 rolls and all teams. If for some reason I get sick of being in the menus that long I'll just cut a roll or limit to 25. I just really like throwing some kinks in the linear play of sport gaming. Even with the EA gem/bust system there really are no surprises other than big injuries to stars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Who was in the NCG the first few seasons? Anyone from outside the top tier?

I always turn off protected rivals as it means 9 conference games as opposed to 8 which helps protect the integrity of the top tier.

Ouch on the default schedule - I think I would change that up. When scheduling my out of conference games I always use these guidelines:
- Only 1 FCS team - and only if I'm 1-2 stars
- If needed, schedule any rivalry games not in my current conference
- Fill the balance with teams with similar talent level to have as many competitive games as possible. This means when I have a top team I get a really brutal schedule.
Thx for the response man! Both NCGs have been teams from top tier. I just started season 3 and turned off all protected rivals. It seems to help even out the schedule integrity on a quick glance to the top teams!

I switched around my schedule this time around, I'm only cannon fodder for two top 25 teams lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »