Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2020, 01:23 PM   #361
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter135
Glad to see one of the best threads ever is active again. Did you ever find a fix for running a straight dive? Every time I call it the DL pinches and blows it up.
That still does happen unfortunately. I usually run Army's PB to get my b-back involved with the triple option plays where there isn't a read man. I just hand the ball off to him and it usually works well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #362
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouRead
That still does happen unfortunately. I usually run Army's PB to get my b-back involved with the triple option plays where there isn't a read man. I just hand the ball off to him and it usually works well.
^^This! I use the FB Dives sparingly, and supplement with any Triple Option Ctr from Wingbone formations, Flexbone Tight, and Flexbone Tackle Over (ALWAYS to the 1 Tech). B-back runs all day long!
Old 05-22-2020, 08:20 AM   #363
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter135
Glad to see one of the best threads ever is active again. Did you ever find a fix for running a straight dive? Every time I call it the DL pinches and blows it up.
I can't believe me starting this thread would turn into an all-time classic of useful information. I'm glad to see other gamers still use it today. What's funny is at the time I moved on to other schemes, but if I could ever get my hands on a copy of NCAA 14, the first thing I would practice on would be the Flexbone offense.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:12 PM   #364
Just started!

I appreciate the community around the flexbone, as it has been one of my favorite offices to run in this game. I got NCAA 14 about a year and a half ago after watching Not The Expert and his UGF Pandas series. Also have plenty of respect for it since we ran it in middle school with me at QB and since it defines service academy football.

Just started an Air Force dynasty and getting spanked every game though. It’s my first dynasty I am doing on Heisman difficulty and losing every game 50 something to 7 is a little frustrating...

I did have a close game with Navy at 24-28, which I lost, and my only win this season so far a game I simulated. So I guess I am asking this: does it get better?? Are there any tips to help me get better at the flexbone? Any one that can link me to a defensive thread? (I run the 3-4) Because I couldn’t stop a nosebleed if I tried on Heisman difficulty.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:11 AM   #365
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoneyg05
I appreciate the community around the flexbone, as it has been one of my favorite offices to run in this game. I got NCAA 14 about a year and a half ago after watching Not The Expert and his UGF Pandas series. Also have plenty of respect for it since we ran it in middle school with me at QB and since it defines service academy football.

Just started an Air Force dynasty and getting spanked every game though. It’s my first dynasty I am doing on Heisman difficulty and losing every game 50 something to 7 is a little frustrating...

I did have a close game with Navy at 24-28, which I lost, and my only win this season so far a game I simulated. So I guess I am asking this: does it get better?? Are there any tips to help me get better at the flexbone? Any one that can link me to a defensive thread? (I run the 3-4) Because I couldn’t stop a nosebleed if I tried on Heisman difficulty.
I promise you that if you read this entire thread, with a good amount of practice, you will master this offense. You will recruit better and know which plays to run against which defenses.

As far as defensive tips, the main thing to realize is that defense is EXTREMELY weak in this game, and that’s just how it is. Two ways to improve are 1) to get better players, and 2) to figure out some effective blitz angle combinations. The latter can be cheesy, but it helps get pressure when you don’t have the defensive players to compete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 03:22 PM   #366
Rookie

OVR: 1

After not playing NCAA 14 for about 6 years, I am playing it now, and it’s beautiful to the flex... how I’ve missed it.

Against 3-4 odd, just run FB five, midline Iso, or triple counters if anything other than odd

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-07-2021, 04:08 AM   #367
Just started!

So I've recently started using the flexbone in online dynasty and some kind cheesy tips is speed at both hb and qb put te at wr I usually don't end up with deep shots to much and helps the run game pop recieving fullback are great at ball carriers if someone commits to stop the trip fullback can run them over. I do struggle with fullback at times any suggestions for this?
Old 07-15-2021, 05:21 PM   #368
Rookie

I would use the Flexbone more but fingers aren't coordinated enough to toss the football to the halfback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »