Home

Am I the only one who hates the new recruting?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who hates the new recruting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Am I the only one who hates the new recruting?

I didn't mind the roulette system from NCAA 12. Maximizing your points each phone call required some smarts, and was actually kind of fun. But then they ruined it in NCAA 13 by letting you have complete control of the conversation.

So I prefer this year to last year. If the phone calls aren't going to require skill, it is better to just do away with them. I'd rather just assign points than go through the same tedious routine (same 6 topics for each player) each week.

I like the one week in the off-season where you have more points and more freedom to allocate them. It is exciting when you are in a battle for 5 players and you have no idea how it will be decided.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #34
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I love it, I've never had to actually prioritize my list, cut people from it that I was losing to others and actually feel out of control of saying alright, I have X, Y, Z on my board I can expect to have them on my roster. Hell recruiting battles are pretty nice now, and how the visits are done now adds another layer.

I can't really say it's hands off, it's just putting your hands in a different place so to speak. The other system legitimately was just doing the same thing over and over where as that tedium is cut out and streamlined (and I'm someone that hates using that last word).

I have to give them credit, recruiting has some life this year. If they just fixed CPU recruiting logic, I'd be golden. I haven't checked but last year you wouldn't get any fight for Canadian prospects and it was a cheap way to get a few good players onto lower schools. This year I've noticed that athletes aren't being fought after as much, as Georgia State I'll be landing two that figure to be in their 70's, and one could be in the low 80's. And I'm getting 0 fight for them, even if it was just a local school that decided to check the kid out, some kind of fight for athletes would be nice.

I like this system much more, it isn't perfect but it does a better job of emulating the recruiting landscape and the battles teams go through for players, recruiting isn't a race to a finish line, it's a tug of war situation and this captures it better especially when you get locked into a battle with another school.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #35
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

While I appreciate the speed of recruiting, I hate just seeing you've been locked out or recruit committed to X. At least last year I knew why I was falling behind, This year I set points and hope for the best and that I don't like.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »