Home

Read Option House Rules

This is a discussion on Read Option House Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #41
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Read Option House Rules

I refuse to play this game on Heisman because of the R-O. When the CPU runs R-O against you, it basically takes your LB's and DB's out of the play. I was having QB's with 50spd/acc go untouched for long TD's routinely even with the Option D set to play the QB, and I have yet to see a team that does not use it. Even pass happy SMU runs it against me often. It doesn't matter if I rush 4, 7, or even 10 (punt block), it is an auto TD every time the QB runs it on Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #42
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Jello, I know I, and I don't think anyone else, said the cpu should take QB "most of the time," just more often than it does now, which is basically never.

Now, you're right though, and it should depend on the QB and matchups whatnot, like a real life gameplan/strategy. You are also right about college YPC being compared to NFL in a lot of viewpoints on this forum, as well as YPG (I am not satisfied unless the CPU averages 140 on me, that is around the CFB average).

I don't want EA to go in and send out a tuner that just flips it and now its 90 percent QB, 10 percent RB. As others have said, they need to mix it up, make the actual read at least part of the problem instead of basically knowing what is going to happen. At least come at you in different looks more often

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #43
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxnw
I refuse to play this game on Heisman because of the R-O. When the CPU runs R-O against you, it basically takes your LB's and DB's out of the play. I was having QB's with 50spd/acc go untouched for long TD's routinely even with the Option D set to play the QB
You're doing something wrong then. With option D set to play the QB the CPU offense will ALWAYS give to the HB because that's the correct read and they almost always make the correct read.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #44
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You're doing something wrong then. With option D set to play the QB the CPU offense will ALWAYS give to the HB because that's the correct read and they almost always make the correct read.
I always control the DE, and as such, always crash the ball, so I set my team to cover the QB, because he ALWAYS keeps the ball due to my crashing. Also, even though I charge the ball, not the RB, when the QB keeps (again, every time), I cannot tackle him. It makes my DE freeze for a second, and the QB just walks past him.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #45
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I always control the DE, and as such, always crash the ball, so I set my team to cover the QB, because he ALWAYS keeps the ball due to my crashing. Also, even though I charge the ball, not the RB, when the QB keeps (again, every time), I cannot tackle him. It makes my DE freeze for a second, and the QB just walks past him.
Usering on D has been destroyed with the new "heatseeker" tackles. Now instead of diving straight, the game guesses for you. I wish I could turn it off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #46
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Try my roster and see if the problem still exists.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #47
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Like I just said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You're doing something wrong then.
Setting the option gameplan to focus on the QB is telling the read guy to stay at home against the QB. You are then manually crashing with the read guy instead even though you just told the game to make stay at home.

If you don't want the QB to keep it (which is why you'd set that option in the first place) then stop crashing on the HB. That's football 101.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #48
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Just for clarification since you're obviously confused, you're not setting your TEAM to cover the QB. You're setting your READ GUY(S) to take the QB (which you stated you're then manually ignoring anyway). What's worse is the way it's supposed to work is your read guy takes the QB so the rest of the team can focus on the HB. With you forcing the other read by crashing you're forcing the QB to keep the ball when the rest of your team is expecting the HB to get the ball so not only are you screwing up your own guy, you're screwing the rest of your team too.

You said a QB keeper "is an auto TD every time the QB runs it on Heisman." This absolutely isn't the case so if you weren't exaggerating, then it's because of the way you're breaking the read that it's an automatic TD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »