Home

I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

This is a discussion on I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

I also suffered from RDS for a while before starting up my current FSU dynasty (for the third time!) and I'm having a blast doing so. At first, I was trying to keep it as realistic as possible (i.e. stats and everything), but then I realized that I wanted to personalize my dynasty and not have it be a simulation.

One thing that keeps me interested in dynasties is keeping track of recruits, not just my own, but on a national scale. At the beginning of each season, I create an excel worksheet with major recruits (it used to be all of the 5-star recruits and the top-10 recruits of each position, but now I just do the 5-star recruits and top-10 QB's) and track their recruitment throughout the season. At the end of the season I record where each recruit signs so that later down the line I can track their progress throughout their careers. It's fun to see familiar names during the awards and draft results.

I also suggest the idea of giving random players performance boosts during the preseason, especially true freshman. Normally, freshman are buried on the CPU's depth chart, even if they are a 5-star recruit. During the preseason, I usually increase the ratings of some 5-star prospects so that they are given starting roles (or something similar) on their respective teams. I also pick random teams to shuffle around their quarterback depth chart. Sometimes I'll give a true freshman increased ratings so that he is the starter and sometimes I give a new starting quarterback ratings in the 90's to simulate him having a break-out season (think Jameis Winston or Cam Newton).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

ughh I feel you guys on this!! I'm definitely as bad as anyone here if not worse about this. I have A.D.D. so I have to involve myself in some sort of story to stay hooked and make it somewhat realistic so I just imagine what if I became a coach today at 20 years old... lol

so I start with a sunbelt team/offensive coordinator and usually either I get bored of playing sun belt teams or my stats are WAY too high and I think "Well that's way too unrealsitic for a first year offensive coordinator with a sun belt team" so I restart and then that either happens again or I get too many wins or win the sun belt champ and then I go through about 6 or 7 sliders and they never hold up to a challenge. Or only bigger teams want me and I want to slowly go through conferences and whatnot. So eventually I quit anywhere from 0-3 years in the dynasty and then I think about how awesome it would be to bring a team from the bottom and get a top recruiting class of 5 and 4 stars so I go back and get a sunbelt team until I get offered at a team I want to rebuild and the process repeats.

Plus I have short term memory when it comes to NCAA so I feel like I'm missing something when I look back on the games at the end of the season or try to remember past bowl games and don't remember how they went down.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #27
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Lol, is that what we are calling this? Because I am a long time sufferer.

Yeah, I have this problem. I like to take different teams and see different outcomes to seasons. I like to go to different teams in my dynasty after a long stint at my first team sometimes. Like someone said, so many different scenarios and outcomes.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #28
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i have like 8 dynasties lol

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 12-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
i have like 8 dynasties lol
all at once? I think you have a hoarding problem
Old 12-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 1

Hi guys, I am also addicted to RDS too.

In fact, I just used RDS earlier this week. I just wanted that "fresh start feeling, you know?!" When your Dynasty isn't what you thought it would be and you start hearing what others are doing - the pressure was too much.

Man, after using RDS all of the pressure and expectation went away - once you hit 'delete' it was like a break from....and all of the possibilities in front of you are aaaamazing...

...I know the break is only temporary. Thats why I'm here - to face my addiction to RDS and realize that "hey, this dynasty is alright and I can deal with it. I don't need to reach for RDS again."
Old 12-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 20

I was bored. I found TDawg's edited roster and then I figured out PocketScout's tracker and that was actually one of the reasons I kept restarting, no way of tracking history.

The edited rosters make the game play much more realistic. I lose games I should, I win games I should and if I'm not on it, I struggle.

Starting Year 2 of my Boise State dynasty, and the only job I will leave Boise for is Penn State, who went 10-3 in Year 1. I just re-aligned the conferences like they would in 2014, so we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #32
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

I suffer from this same disease too. The cure I have been using is... I have been using three different teams with three different styles of offenses. I created a backstory by making three different black coaches, making them all between 37-39, saying that they all played at Tennessee together and making them all OCs at three different schools. One guy runs the spread at Wyoming. One guy runs the flexbone at Army. One guy runs the power/pro style offense at UNLV. It keeps the game fresh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »