Home

Ways To Challenge Yourself in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Ways To Challenge Yourself in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #25
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ways To Challenge Yourself in Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
You can still recruit academics. Each prospect as three "pitches" he's interested in. You can make yourself only recruit guys with academics as one of these pitches.
But with the old games you could recruit anyone in the country and just pitch academics, even if you suck at academics.

In '14, first you need to find kids that want academics and I'd guess that most likely no more than 25% of recruits care about them (and I wouldn't be at all surprised if 25% was high).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #26
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
In '14, first you need to find kids that want academics and I'd guess that most likely no more than 25% of recruits care about them (and I wouldn't be at all surprised if 25% was high).
That's what I was saying. Find the guys who are seriously interested in academics, then recruit only them. This is what I do in '13, but it seems '14 has it set up a lot better, from what you guys are saying.

I'll have to look into '14 when my funds are higher.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Old 04-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #27
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
If you really want to challenge yourself in recruiting, pitching academic prestige is the way to go. I recruit at Tulane that way & it seriously limits the amount of prospects I can target. Most of the players don't care about academics anyway.

Personally, that's how I feel I'd recruit in real life anyway. Even if I were at Akron, I'd want to recruit like Stanford. I wouldn't want to recruit a bunch of goofballs to play for me if they don't wanna go to class. That's why its taken so long for me to build depth @ Tulane. Look at my signature after all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Well especially when you are at a small school like say Akron, you cannot afford to pass up on talent because of grades. At the end of the day winning is what gets you to keep your job.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #28
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Well especially when you are at a small school like say Akron, you cannot afford to pass up on talent because of grades. At the end of the day winning is what gets you to keep your job.
It's amazing because this is what actual coaches/scouts have to consider. I love to impose sanctions on my school if they don't meet their said "quotas" academically. How I implement that is by requiring each school to have a certain number of scholars (prospects interested in academic prestige) on my team. For lower class educational schools (New Mexico, Middle Tennessee, Akron...etc) I like to have 10% of students labeled "scholars." With higher class schools (Cal, Stanford, Rice, Tulane...etc) I like to have at least 40% labeled "scholars."

It really adds depth and reality to my dynasty's.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 04-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #29
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
It's amazing because this is what actual coaches/scouts have to consider. I love to impose sanctions on my school if they don't meet their said "quotas" academically. How I implement that is by requiring each school to have a certain number of scholars (prospects interested in academic prestige) on my team. For lower class educational schools (New Mexico, Middle Tennessee, Akron...etc) I like to have 10% of students labeled "scholars." With higher class schools (Cal, Stanford, Rice, Tulane...etc) I like to have at least 40% labeled "scholars."

It really adds depth and reality to my dynasty's.
I'm not saying all schools recruit kids that are dumb as rocks but at the same time a lot of schools don't view academics the same way other schools do. Sure some coaches have to "consider'" it in recruiting, as in if he can maintain a 2.0 and help win football games.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 29

What I've been doing recently is before I start a dynasty I lower AWR for all my players down to 1. Lots of dropped passes, false starts, and being out of position on D. a real challenge
Old 04-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #31
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dso122783
How are you guys starting your dynasty? As HC/DC/ or OC? Also, what star teams?
I started with UMass and also started one with Texas state

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #32
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
I started with UMass and also started one with Texas state

Also i normally start as the OC or DC just because the games go quicker. I made a new house rule of only being able to stay at a school for 3 years. After the years i have too leave for a new school. That new school has to be one of the worst.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »