Home

Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty!

This is a discussion on Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty!

I have seen the "coach leaving" as a reason a few times as well, but can't remember if any were following a coach. I know in my 3rd season at UGA, dynasty year 2020, I had 3 players transfer using the "coach leaving" reason as both my OC and DC took new jobs. None of them followed the coaches but 2 went to my HCs former school, New Mexico. I think my head coach won an award for his continued service to New Mexico for that one.

Come to think of it I had a really good player leave UGA when I took the job because of the coach leaving reason. I was replacing Mark Richt in dynasty year 2018. I don't recall where the player went; it was the first time I had seen that as a reason.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #10
Banned

martywebb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
FWIW, I've only been @ Michigan for 3 years so I didn't recruit any of those guys except for the WR Burden who was a JUCO JR I got to fill a much needed lack of depth. Attached is what one of my graduating recruiting classes looks like. It's certainly better than Michigan's, but it's not crazy strong like most user teams deep in a dynasty.

Anywho, I mainly do it with house rules, settings, and player edits.

Firstly, I play on slowest coaching progression. I just finished my 18th season, but my coach just now hit level 25, and that's with 2 national championships and 7 conference championships under my belt. On normal progression I'd probably be around lvl 40 by now.

I use house rules for recruit to limit my classes. I only allow 2/3 points in the following recruiting skills:
  • Royal Treatment
  • Opener
  • Closer
  • Kitchen Sink
  • Insta-commit (even after 18 seasons I'm still about 2 years away from getting even 1 point in this)
W/ maxed out RT, and KS I could sign every player I wanted. With only 2/3 I end up fighting for a bunch of guys in the offseason and lose out on a bunch during the season. W/ maxed out recruiting I'd have 4* and 5* guys listed 3rd on my depth chart. W/O it maxed, I end up having to sign guys that I pray will only be career backups.

I can only scout in the preseason.

I can add anyone I want to my board in the preseason, but once the season starts, I can only add guys that already have me in their top 10. Also, I can not add any 4* or 5*s during the season (and no 3* FBs, Ps, or Ks).

I can only offer schollies to enough guys to give me 70. I can't offer another scholly until I lose someone to another school or I drop the offered player from my board.

EDITS:
I note all QBs AWR @ the beginning of the season. Then, at the end of the season I remove half of the AWR they gained during the year (because user players gain WAY more AWR than CPU players).

At the beginning of every season I edit the AWRs for all players that are > 70 down to 70.

I also edit the injury ratings down for all incoming FR. This doesn't change their OVR much (except for OL guys who get -70 INJ) but it does a little.

The biggest difference though is the recruiting tree restrictions I've imposed. With them I don't need to limit how many 5* or 4*s I can sign and I still don't have overpowering recruiting classes.

Well, I've made a huge mistake. I'm questioning my 8-season old Dynasty, because I think I forgot to change it and it's on Normal Progression. Which is not cool at all. I studied different techniques for recruiting restrictions, and apparently, should have asked you.

There's ZERO way to change the coach progression in an existing Dynasty, right? Even if I create a new coach.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by martywebb
Well, I've made a huge mistake. I'm questioning my 8-season old Dynasty, because I think I forgot to change it and it's on Normal Progression. Which is not cool at all. I studied different techniques for recruiting restrictions, and apparently, should have asked you.

There's ZERO way to change the coach progression in an existing Dynasty, right? Even if I create a new coach.
Correct, you can't change it after you start.

What level is your 8 year old coach?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:

FWIW, below shows the difference in coach XP needed to gain certain levels between normal speed and slowest. The numbers are how much XP is needed to gain the NEXT level, NOT how much was needed to gain that level from level 1 (IE. the 1st line is how much is needed to go from lvl 10 to lvl 11).

Code:
LVL	NORMAL	SLOWEST
10	3360	12810
20	6560	25010
30	9760	37210
So, it takes quite a bit more XP for a coach on slowest to go from lvl 10 to 11 than it does for a coach on normal to go from lvl 30 to 31. It's linear so it takes roughly 4 times (or precisely 3.8125 times) longer to level on slowest than it does on normal.

I can't imagine how little it would take to level on fast or fastest.

Last edited by jello1717; 03-05-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #13
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

You could consider resetting your skill tree points in the off-season, then only allocating 1 skill point per number of dynasty years. This would be a way to kind of simulate "slowest" progression without having to restart.

For another reference, I'm on slowest, and I'm at HC level 35 after 27 dynasty years. Not exactly one level per year, but roughly close enough.

Quote:

18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 03-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
You could consider resetting your skill tree points in the off-season, then only allocating 1 skill point per number of dynasty years. This would be a way to kind of simulate "slowest" progression without having to restart.

For another reference, I'm on slowest, and I'm at HC level 35 after 27 dynasty years. Not exactly one level per year, but roughly close enough.
This is a good idea, especially since you're 8 years in Marty. I already do this with my coordinators. I only allow them to spend 2/3 points in any given skill unless it's necessary to get to tier 3 (I don't spend any on the top tier). My last OC was maxed out @ lvl 27, but instead of spending his points I just had 7 unused points for a couple of years.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #15
Banned

martywebb's Arena

OVR: 0

Y'all just saved my ***.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #16
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

I've seen the "Coach Leaving" transfer before as well, albeit just twice.

The most notable one was after the 2013 season in my Tulane dynasty. I had a QB named Tim Ashley who wanted to transfer. I persuaded him to stay since I was gonna run a 2-QB system the next year. After 2014 both my QBs had 1000 yds rushing & my OC left for Hawaii. Ashley threatened to leave again but this time I let him transfer (since I ironically had another QB transfer to me). Turns out Tim Ashley decided to follow my former OC to Hawaii.

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »