Home

Issue with Formation Subs

This is a discussion on Issue with Formation Subs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2016, 09:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Gamecock14's Arena

OVR: 0
Issue with Formation Subs

Whenever I try to do formation subs I can only do 38 out of 50. Once I get to 12 left and try to add more it says I have used all 50, I have tried resetting the formation subs multiple to no avail. Anyone know what the issue is? also I am using a custom playbook if that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2016, 11:31 PM   #2
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Issue with Formation Subs

the problem you have is the same one i have sometimes. there is no fix to it as it is now. but how you avoid it is you have to reset the formation subs before your players leave. once they leave it does not know what to do with the seniors that are no longer on your team. so it doesnt delete them even though it shows that you reset it.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

The fix is to reset them. Every sub you had last year carries over. The 1st thing I do when doing my annual formation subs is to reset them.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
the problem you have is the same one i have sometimes. there is no fix to it as it is now. but how you avoid it is you have to reset the formation subs before your players leave. once they leave it does not know what to do with the seniors that are no longer on your team. so it doesnt delete them even though it shows that you reset it.
This...

As soon as your season ends, reset them before even advancing to the off-season menu.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 02-15-2016, 02:14 AM   #5
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Oh my God, you guys gotta be kidding me. I was gonna ask this question and the very useful "similar thread" thing pointed me here. Seriously? I can do one sub and that's it. Beginning of the 2017 season.. There's nothing I can do!? lmao.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Oh my God, you guys gotta be kidding me. I was gonna ask this question and the very useful "similar thread" thing pointed me here. Seriously? I can do one sub and that's it. Beginning of the 2017 season.. There's nothing I can do!? lmao.....

Reset your subs and you have 50 formation subs available.

Also, once a sub is made, you can change the subbed player as many times as you want without affecting your remaining number of subs. IE. If you made 1 sub putting hb#3 in formation A, you have 49 left. If I later sub hb#4 into formation A I would still have 49 left. What this means is that if you had made 49 subs and knew what they were (every year 90+% of my subs are the same positions, just new players) you could make what new changes you wanted, even if you had 1 sub left, as long as you only changed existing subs.

That being said, it's almost certainly much easier to just reset the subs yearly.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-15-2016, 04:50 PM   #7
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

resetting the subs isn't working for me. As people are mentioning here, it seems to remember the subs from prior years as if the players are still there, even if you clear them.

I can make two moves. It goes to 48 and that is my limit no matter how I reset my subs.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:30 PM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah, in my experience, you're screwed until the off-season. Reset the subs before going to the off-season menu.

I have had this happen every one of my 10 previous season until the last one when I figured out the trick. It never was quite as bad as only having two though. Usually I have at least 35.

I mass sub a ton because I like to customize all my special teams units with my reserves.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »