Home

40 and Counting...

This is a discussion on 40 and Counting... within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
40 and Counting...

That's how many teams I have via builder so far. With the exception of one team - all the teams are historical teams with accurate rosters I pulled down from the Teambuilder site. I am not exactly sure why - but I find playing with these historical teams more compelling than with playing with the CURRENT Roster. It's like crack I tell ya. My favorite teams so far:

1980 Georgia Bulldogs: One Dimensional -sure. But when you have Herschel - does it mater?
1997 Marshal Herd: It's cheesy as hell..but throwing streaks to Randy Moss with the super accurate Pennington is video game bliss.
1998 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: - Led by the player who should have (Joe Hamilton) won the Heisman - this team is hella fun to play offensively.
2001 Hurricanes: Team is LOADED...although they do get a demerit because the CPU beat me with the 2002 Ohio State squad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Rookie

jojo9463's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 40 and Counting...

Glenn,

Sounds great! Are these PS3 or 360?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
MVP

These are for the 360.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
sj7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
That's how many teams I have via builder so far. With the exception of one team - all the teams are historical teams with accurate rosters I pulled down from the Teambuilder site. I am not exactly sure why - but I find playing with these historical teams more compelling than with playing with the CURRENT Roster. It's like crack I tell ya. My favorite teams so far:

1980 Georgia Bulldogs: One Dimensional -sure. But when you have Herschel - does it mater?
1997 Marshal Herd: It's cheesy as hell..but throwing streaks to Randy Moss with the super accurate Pennington is video game bliss.
1998 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: - Led by the player who should have (Joe Hamilton) won the Heisman - this team is hella fun to play offensively.
2001 Hurricanes: Team is LOADED...although they do get a demerit because the CPU beat me with the 2002 Ohio State squad
What are the teams you made?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
MVP

I made none of those. Let me be clear - I take no credit for any of these. I am just reaping the benefit of other talented users work. The team I created was a fictional St. John Red Storm squad. I was just pointing out my favorite teams that I downloaded so far.

Last edited by Glenn33; 07-20-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I made none of those. Let me be clear - I take no credit for any of these. I am just reaping the benefit of other talented users work. The team I created was a fictional St. John Red Storm squad. I was just pointing out my favorite teams that I downloaded so far.
ya, I've got like 33 on my console....all of which are mine. I have like 17 avaliable to others on teambuilder. I like using them, I put ALOT of work into them...watching the movies, getting as much detail as I can on jerseys AND rosters...which includes pausing the movie when I see the back of someones jersey in the back ground. I go to town...I'm a movie team creating whore.

Sucks when you update them you loose your download count. Texas State Armidillos were up to 100 but I just HAD to fix a few things last night... I aint touching West Canaan Coyotes, I'm proud to see them on the first page. But it DOES need to be edited

Author: Rile Cole (360)
Old 07-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
The most underrated part of TeamBuilder. You don't have to actually make a team.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
The most underrated part of TeamBuilder. You don't have to actually make a team.
You ain't kidding Adam. I LOVE this feature. If you guys could make it that I could edit others users teams (once I download) this would be the greatest feature ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »