Home

The NCAA Football 13 FCS Team Directory Project

This is a discussion on The NCAA Football 13 FCS Team Directory Project within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 19
Cool, with my schedule it'll be hard for me to be on anytime before july 9th during the day (before 5 pm est). Xbox live works best for me. If all else fails i'm good with whatever yall decide, just send me a msg and let me know whats decided and i'll go by it.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: The NCAA Football 13 FCS Team Directory Project

I have the season ticket and Im on the Community Roster Team this year so once the game is out I wont be able to do much till atleast the 10th. Im a late night gamer.. during the week I get on around 1030 and on the weekend (if I get on) its not until around 1230.

PS4 Username: TJDavis45

Isaiah 41:10
Old 06-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

I thought I would post this as some information for people while rating players. It is a list of ratings and what the ratings actually mean and do in the game.
  • Speed - The top end speed of a player.
  • Agility - The ability to change direction without slowing down. Only top athletes should have rating in 80 and hardly anyone at the FCS level should be in the 90s.
  • Acceleration - How much of a quick burst a player gets and also ties into a defender giving him "suction" ability when going for a tackle. Typically rate your DT's with lower acceleration or people will find "suction tackling" when trying to run on those teams.
  • Awareness - The players knowing of his abilities. If you rate a player with 99 spin move rating but 50 awareness he will never use his spin move because he is not "aware" he has it. You are much better off rating skills lower with a high awareness.
  • Break Tackle - This rating directly effects simming a game. It determines how many broken tackles a player will get while simming a game.
  • Trucking - Directly effects while playing a game. Determines how many times your player will break a tackle and what animation will be used and how often.
  • Elusiveness - Directly effects while playing a game. Determines how many times your player will slide out of a tackle and what animation will be used and how often.
  • Ball Carrier Vision - In NCAA 12, if you set a QBs BCV to 70 that QB would take off and run all the time. The farther you got from 70 (50 or 99), the less they would take off and run.
  • Throwing Power - How far a QB throws. At the FCS level, most QBs would be in the 60, 70, and 80 range.
  • Catch In Traffic - A players ability to hold onto the catch while being hit.
  • Pass Block Strength - Pass block ability against a power move.
  • Pass Block Footwork - Pass block ability against a finess move.
  • Run Block Strength - Run block ability against a power move.
  • Run Block Footwork - Run block ability against a finess move.
  • Impact Blocking - How often a player will "pancake" block a defender.
  • Hit Power - Determines how hard a player hits and how often he will go for a hard hit. The lower the rating the lower the risk in tackling with more wrap ups and ankle tackles, and to me a much more realistic approach to tackling. Also, HP directly effects the overall of a defensive player. I have found it is much better to lower the HP of players and increase their awareness instead.
  • Pursuit - The angle a CPU controlled player will take at the ball.
  • Player Recognition - The ability of a CPU controlled player to know what play is coming. The higher the rating the more the CPU cheats and knows exactly what play the user is going to run. Again, a rating a typical player would be low in and highly ranked player would be good in. This rating really separates an elite defender from an average defender.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 06-30-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I thought I would post this as some information for people while rating players. It is a list of ratings and what the ratings actually mean and do in the game.
  • Speed - The top end speed of a player.
  • Agility - The ability to change direction without slowing down. Only top athletes should have rating in 80 and hardly anyone at the FCS level should be in the 90s.
  • Acceleration - How much of a quick burst a player gets and also ties into a defender giving him "suction" ability when going for a tackle. Typically rate your DT's with lower acceleration or people will find "suction tackling" when trying to run on those teams.
  • Awareness - The players knowing of his abilities. If you rate a player with 99 spin move rating but 50 awareness he will never use his spin move because he is not "aware" he has it. You are much better off rating skills lower with a high awareness.
  • Break Tackle - This rating directly effects simming a game. It determines how many broken tackles a player will get while simming a game.
  • Trucking - Directly effects while playing a game. Determines how many times your player will break a tackle and what animation will be used and how often.
  • Elusiveness - Directly effects while playing a game. Determines how many times your player will slide out of a tackle and what animation will be used and how often.
  • Ball Carrier Vision - In NCAA 12, if you set a QBs BCV to 70 that QB would take off and run all the time. The farther you got from 70 (50 or 99), the less they would take off and run.
  • Throwing Power - How far a QB throws. At the FCS level, most QBs would be in the 60, 70, and 80 range.
  • Catch In Traffic - A players ability to hold onto the catch while being hit.
  • Pass Block Strength - Pass block ability against a power move.
  • Pass Block Footwork - Pass block ability against a finess move.
  • Run Block Strength - Run block ability against a power move.
  • Run Block Footwork - Run block ability against a finess move.
  • Impact Blocking - How often a player will "pancake" block a defender.
  • Hit Power - Determines how hard a player hits and how often he will go for a hard hit. The lower the rating the lower the risk in tackling with more wrap ups and ankle tackles, and to me a much more realistic approach to tackling. Also, HP directly effects the overall of a defensive player. I have found it is much better to lower the HP of players and increase their awareness instead.
  • Pursuit - The angle a CPU controlled player will take at the ball.
  • Player Recognition - The ability of a CPU controlled player to know what play is coming. The higher the rating the more the CPU cheats and knows exactly what play the user is going to run. Again, a rating a typical player would be low in and highly ranked player would be good in. This rating really separates an elite defender from an average defender.
Wow thanks for this!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
MVP

mrlux's Arena

OVR: 15

Not sure if anyone has noticed yet but in teambuilder this year they have removed the Pass and Run "Strength" and "Footwork" ratings. Its just a generic "Pass Block" and "Run Block".

BTW, I am currently working on South Alabama since they didnt get added into NCAA 13, this will give us a good idea of how our teams will play on the field in the game and any need modifications we may need to make to ratings for realism. South Alabama should be done tonight.
NCAA 2014-2015 Season FCS Project: http://bit.ly/1lBm961
NCAA 14 FCS Project: http://bit.ly/121LA1c
Teambuilder Names: Lux21 / Flamflu: http://bit.ly/1vWz0A6
Old 06-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is anyone making any Big Sky teams?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #15
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

I have south Alabama done and want to do Jackson State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #16
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridastatefan02
Is anyone making any Big Sky teams?
sikolec and I will be since the Big Sky added three teams to its football conference this year. therunandshoot will be making Eastern Washington as well.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 07-01-2012 at 04:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »