Home

SGO Discusses Potential E3 Reveal of 2K's Upcoming NFL Game

This is a discussion on SGO Discusses Potential E3 Reveal of 2K's Upcoming NFL Game within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2021, 07:28 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
SGO Discusses Potential E3 Reveal of 2K's Upcoming NFL Game

https://youtu.be/YS4UcaKf6VU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2021, 07:44 PM   #2
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Re: Allpro football would sell this time

Time stamp: skip to 8:09

Cliff notes:Sports gamer got the scoop from two 2k developers
2k listen to the feedback about playgrounds/battlegrounds
And want to Improve it with realistic graphics not big headed cartoon look
Basically Arcade gameplay with realistic graphics

Supposed to showcase at E3

September or October release date

Last edited by simbayless; 04-28-2021 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:30 PM   #3
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Re: SGO Discusses Potential E3 Reveal of 2K's Upcoming NFL Game

Thanks mods for the thread 👍
Old 04-28-2021, 09:36 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Maybe I am stretching this a bit and can't argue if someone says I am, but them going with realistic graphics would make me believe even more that this is them audition and/or building a foundation for the eventual return to simulation football.

Maybe it really is only because of the criticism by fans, but I still hold belief that 2k is doing all of this because they already know they will be back in the game in a few years or they are hoping to make a real run at getting the license next time they can in a few years. We already know the NFL was willing to listen to 2k last time, so maybe there was some sort of conversation and the plan is for 2k to lay the foundation down for the return of the NFL 2k franchise and the NFL will allow competition again in a few years when the license is up, or 2k feels confident they can outbid EA.

They have that Take-Two money behind them.

― Plato
Old 04-29-2021, 08:39 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Good information.

One thing that has me curious is that ESPN license. I figured that either it ended the end of last year or this year. He mentioned that even if NBA Live were to release this year, it wouldn't have the ESPN broadcast. I'm just surprised that EA never renewed that ESPN license.

I would like to see 2k get that ESPN license again. EA never fully utilized that ESPN license. Which is a shame to because the ESPN Presentation in NCAA Basketball and Football game was top notch and even the Live broadcast wasn't bad. It feels like EA just used it for Marketing/Advertising and to keep it from 2k. I feel that 2k would better utilize that ESPN license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2021, 09:38 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It feels like EA just used it for Marketing/Advertising and to keep it from 2k. I feel that 2k would better utilize that ESPN license.
I'm pretty sure that's basically all it was. That fits perfectly with how EA operates with many of their franchises. They cited that the NFL Network license made it to where they couldn't really have the ESPN license in Madden, but given how EA never really took advantage of that license in any game for the most part, it comes off like they simply paid the money so 2k could not use it.

You'd think that when getting the NFL Network deal they would have discussed the ESPN license and limitations as well, so I'm not going to buy they were blindsided and couldn't use ESPN the way they wanted.

E3 should be interesting. 2k will always have my attention. They simply make the best sports games annually.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-29-2021, 10:19 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm pretty sure that's basically all it was. That fits perfectly with how EA operates with many of their franchises. They cited that the NFL Network license made it to where they couldn't really have the ESPN license in Madden, but given how EA never really took advantage of that license in any game for the most part, it comes off like they simply paid the money so 2k could not use it.

You'd think that when getting the NFL Network deal they would have discussed the ESPN license and limitations as well, so I'm not going to buy they were blindsided and couldn't use ESPN the way they wanted.

E3 should be interesting. 2k will always have my attention. They simply make the best sports games annually.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I always imagine that EA would renew the license. And you rarely see companies let deals laspe if they plan on renewing it.

Honestly it makes sense for EA not to renew it. If they aren't going to utilize it in any of the sports games, then renewing it wouldn't make sense. They would be paying a hefty price just for 2k not to potentially use it.

We're just 5 or so weeks out from getting info. I wouldn't mind NFL tour esque art style. Don't want full big head arcade graphics.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I always imagine that EA would renew the license. And you rarely see companies let deals laspe if they plan on renewing it.

Honestly it makes sense for EA not to renew it. If they aren't going to utilize it in any of the sports games, then renewing it wouldn't make sense. They would be paying a hefty price just for 2k not to potentially use it.

We're just 5 or so weeks out from getting info. I wouldn't mind NFL tour esque art style. Don't want full big head arcade graphics.
I think they’ll use it in the college football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »