Home

Old 06-06-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
GOLD?

I'm a little concerned that I have not seen an announcement of this game going GOLD. That should have happened at least a week or two ago to make a 6/20/06 release.

Did I miss an announcement?

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: GOLD?

Didn't miss an announcment. I saw the 22nd as the latest release date. But even then, should be gold at least by the end of this week.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Exactly my thoughts... I would think going GOLD would be big news for them to want to announce as it happens - and it should have happened by now to make release in two weeks.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym
Exactly my thoughts... I would think going GOLD would be big news for them to want to announce as it happens - and it should have happened by now to make release in two weeks.

I am starting to become worried for this game. I hope its not a big disapointment.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Didn't miss an announcment. I saw the 22nd as the latest release date. But even then, should be gold at least by the end of this week.
EA's site still says June 20th.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

There is a good chance it doesnt go Gold by launch date. Three factors you have to remember.

1. The Casual Gamer
2. It doesnt say Madden anywhere on it.
3. Very little advertising outside of ads in game magazines and banner ads on game sites, something alot of casual gamers dont really look at like we do.

You could tie all the factors in together. The casual gamer knows the Madden brand better than they know the EA brand. Even though its a game coming straight from EA, without the Madden name, some casual gamers arent going to catch it (pardon the pun). On top of that, the casual gamer isnt like us, the nuts, we will go buy every football game (well when there were more) that came out for that year...this is something the casual gamer just doesnt do. The casual gamer who has actually seen stuff about NFL Head coach is probably turned off the the fact that 1. Its not a game they can "play" like Madden. 2. Its not a next gen football game (for those casual fans who got 360's for xmas lol). If the casual gamer has a 360 and last years Madden, hes not going back to pick up a current gen football game, on top of that think about all the casual 360 owners who traded in thier current gen systems to get a 360.

I promise you if somehow EA's marketing team found some kind of way to get the Madden name into NFL Head Coach it probably would have been gold by now. Some people dont realize how powerul the Madden name and brand is. We here know Head Coach is in essence Madden but geared towards armchair coaches, managers, sim nuts..but its still "madden' in alot of ways. You could ask a casual gamer "hey you picking up NFL Head Coach?" and some would say "nah man, Im getting Madden!" and they would say this not even realizing that Head Coach is madden...be it tweaked for a different kind of gamer...without the Madden name Head Coach is going to be a heavily OS user bought game.. a heavily Football Mogul/ TPF user bought game..but not a casual gamer bought game.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Well then why don't they tweak it and rename it Madden presents NFL Head Coach? After all, Madden WAS a coach in a previous life

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
There is a good chance it doesnt go Gold by launch date. Three factors you have to remember.

1. The Casual Gamer
2. It doesnt say Madden anywhere on it.
3. Very little advertising outside of ads in game magazines and banner ads on game sites, something alot of casual gamers dont really look at like we do.

You could tie all the factors in together. The casual gamer knows the Madden brand better than they know the EA brand. Even though its a game coming straight from EA, without the Madden name, some casual gamers arent going to catch it (pardon the pun). On top of that, the casual gamer isnt like us, the nuts, we will go buy every football game (well when there were more) that came out for that year...this is something the casual gamer just doesnt do. The casual gamer who has actually seen stuff about NFL Head coach is probably turned off the the fact that 1. Its not a game they can "play" like Madden. 2. Its not a next gen football game (for those casual fans who got 360's for xmas lol). If the casual gamer has a 360 and last years Madden, hes not going back to pick up a current gen football game, on top of that think about all the casual 360 owners who traded in thier current gen systems to get a 360.

I promise you if somehow EA's marketing team found some kind of way to get the Madden name into NFL Head Coach it probably would have been gold by now. Some people dont realize how powerul the Madden name and brand is. We here know Head Coach is in essence Madden but geared towards armchair coaches, managers, sim nuts..but its still "madden' in alot of ways. You could ask a casual gamer "hey you picking up NFL Head Coach?" and some would say "nah man, Im getting Madden!" and they would say this not even realizing that Head Coach is madden...be it tweaked for a different kind of gamer...without the Madden name Head Coach is going to be a heavily OS user bought game.. a heavily Football Mogul/ TPF user bought game..but not a casual gamer bought game.
Honestly, I have no idea how what youre saying affects the game "going gold" and being announced as such.. "Gold!" simply means it is finished, sent to be duplicated, packaged and shipped to retailers...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »