Home

NFL Head Coach Wishlist

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach Wishlist within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #33
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NFL Head Coach Wishlist

The off-season is about being on the same page. The Owner, GM/Head Coach & player personnel director are in an agreement on the moves made.

The Coaches should not take anything really as a negative. Especially something that would lead an Assistant to walk out during the season. That never happens unless the Asst. Coach was fired.

Their should be more posititive re-enforcement words for the players. Everything is not a negative. Especially when coaching in practice it's all about teaching.
Pointing out what a player needs to get done (nice or harsh) should not be a negative. The players need to have thick skin.

Granted some players faulter with a coach riding them all the time (over a period of time). But not EVERY player.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #34
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

1. Free up the office hours to allow us to conduct "ANY" office work that needs to get done. Creating Plays, Interviews, Talking with other Coaches. Talking with agents, Trades, signings, talking with coaches, meet with the media etc.

2. A roster spot is opened on the 53 man roster when placing a player on I.R.

3. On game day, the coach has to submit a 45 man "Gameday" roster. Also giving the coach the option to dress the 3rd string QB. The 3rd string is inactive, but dressed just in case of injury. NFL rules as follows when the 3rd string QB enters the game.

4. Draft meetings with the scouts, p.p.d, coaches & owner (if requests to attend)! This put's everyone on the same page for draft day.
(4a.) With these meetings, our own teams player board is formed. Giving each player a ranking based on our reports for those players.

5. I would like updates from the medical staff Monday mornings on the status of any injuries. Hear the Team physician's detailed comments on them all (his advice).
Then get with the player & team trainer (depending on the severity) & go from there.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #35
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Hey Kanobi,

I've noticed that apparently you are still around, but don't post in the Madden boards..?

Are you still playing NFL games? I remember you always being on the 2K board. You also had some excellent ideas for the wishlist every season. Hey, they practically stole the weekly prep idea from you, lol.

Well, send me a PM or something since I'm hardly ever on this board. I tried PMing you and it says you don't accept any new PM's. OK, TTYL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #36
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Pacman,

The only NFL game I play is NFL Head Coach. I haven't played or bought Madden since the '05 edition and haven't touched NFL2k5 in over a year or so. As for pm's, I accept them but my box was full. There's some room in there now so feel free to hit me up.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #37
MVP

I love my NFL head coach but has that week 2 bug been fixed? I stopped playing it because after all the hard work in the offseason (6 hours of real time), only to get into week 2 and it get all screwed up. I miss playing it and I have more fun with it than Madden. Someone please tell me there is a patch or a fix so I can go back to playing this game!

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #38
MVP

Still love this game.

My main wish is that they make it for Next Gen, and add a weekly highlight show...on next Gen it should be mandatory now for sports games to have a weekly highlight show, it really helps out.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon12 Re: NFL Head Coach Wishlist

More dialogue between the head coach and his coaching staff, and with his players. Coaches are interested in what their players are thinking, and would like to get their input on things, maybe certain plays their are comfortable with, I know we can find out on the field of practice, but it would be cool hearing it come from the players themselves. Real time rpg sense off the field (cut scenes, and more choice of responses and or questions during conversations, and coaching). T.V. interviews, I wouldn't mind being interviewed by an espn sideline reporter. How about halftime adjustments on stradegy. Pregame, and halftime motivational speeches. More espn invovlement in the game, (this goes for all ea sports games, why did they pay so much money for the rights, if they're not going to use it in it's entireity), and last but not least, can we please get this game for next gen, so we can cut down on these ridiculous load times. I think this game has a tremendous amount of potential, especially for us hardcore football nuts. EA, nfl head coach has a future, but when you're trying to capture us hardcores, you really would have to get this right, and it wouldn't hurt to listen to us, cuz we know our football. We want this to work.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:02 PM   #40
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Are they even making a 2008 game? I thought that the game had more potential than Madden. Anyway, they should at least use the rating system in Madden, I like how it shows a range (75-90). That was/is a very good idea, and more realistic because players rarely play up to their highest rating every week. Some even get in a slump, and stay in it for a long time (Bears QB).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »