Home

question about the game. training camp

This is a discussion on question about the game. training camp within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: question about the game. training camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I never played the first HC but I do find this one pretty interesting and will be buying it along with Madden. So in training camp, you can't actually see the players going through drills, correct? And if a player gets hurt at training camp, just some random screen pops up and informs you?
Correct. The previous version actually showed players running through different drills but it was tedious, time consuming and provided no real benefit. I prefer this method.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #10
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

At the end of each practice will we get like a sim summary breakdown of what happened during that practice or any improvements that might have happened?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
At the end of each practice will we get like a sim summary breakdown of what happened during that practice or any improvements that might have happened?
You'll get a screen that breaks down the plays you worked on and how much your players learning of those plays changed.

You'll also be told which players lost the most health or fatigue in the practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

so you can lose players for the whole season just in training camp.

man that would suck. imagine losing LT or someone like that. but i really really like the realism in that
Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24

man that would suck. imagine losing LT or someone like that. but i really really like the realism in that
I actually wouldnt mind losing a star player in training camp, as long as they give us some kind warning system, which I think there is, as Josh mentioned, by letting you know which players are fatigued after each practice. So if said player is fatigued and you keep pushing him in practice everyday, then he would get injured and possibly out for the season. I just hope that it isnt a random injury that you have no control over that occurs during training camp that knocks out your player for the year. That kind of act of God should only happen during the actual season games
Old 07-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24

Players can be injured in practice in Head Coach. So making sure you have sufficient depth (just like the NFL) means everything this year.

We tuned it so that the injury and toughness ratings have a big impact this year. If a player has a low injury rating, there is a really good chance they'll get hurt at least once during the season. if a player has a 95-99 injury rating, there is a good chance they'll rarely ever get hurt. Toughness impacts how long they take to heal. And you have to factor in the trainer's abilities, also. And their health at each body part.

I told you guys this game is DEEP.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
Players can be injured in practice in Head Coach. So making sure you have sufficient depth (just like the NFL) means everything this year.

We tuned it so that the injury and toughness ratings have a big impact this year. If a player has a low injury rating, there is a really good chance they'll get hurt at least once during the season. if a player has a 95-99 injury rating, there is a good chance they'll rarely ever get hurt. Toughness impacts how long they take to heal. And you have to factor in the trainer's abilities, also. And their health at each body part.

Will there be balance in play learning, meaning that there's no possible way to get everyone proficient. So you can get your first team'ers the needed reps but 2nd and definitely 3rd string will see a disadvantage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman

man
all of that sounds awsome. i love how deep the game is. it looks like i will definently get this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »