Home

Any Impressions?

This is a discussion on Any Impressions? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #25
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Any Impressions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southtigers
Looks like you really improved your offense. You can def. tell though money will become an issue.
Ya, I really didn't think I was going to get Long signed. I did at the cost of the cap pelenty next season. So that will be interesting. Thing I am about 10 or so mil under now, and like 13 for next season. So might not be able to sign much next season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well at least you wont get fired before next season since you can win a couple games this year.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Staymates
I have a notebook full of designs for voice recognition.

oh, and the PA announcer is a good idea.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:35 AM   #28
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southtigers
Well at least you wont get fired before next season since you can win a couple games this year.
I hope I don't, I am already on the hot seat! Really want to play my week 2 game, but am pretty Xboxed out and tired lol. Between my HC marathon last night, then playing some today and playing 3 games for dynasties in NCAA and watching the UFC. Don't think I can make it another game lol
Old 08-10-2008, 04:52 AM   #29
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

Couldn't resist! Had to play another one! Phins are 2-0 baby. Tell J.L. I'm taking them to the playoffs in year 1.... okay probably not! Anyways, my squad had the most amazing amazing, and must I say amazing comeback! First, I couldn't stop Warner and the Card O. They were moving the rock at will on my defense! I was moving it well via the run on them, probably relied on running a bit too much. I got down 21-7 I think after I subbed Brown out, and they scooped and scored on a fumble. Then later I think I was driving to tie the game, just pounding the ball, and Browns fumbles they recover.

I had a defining moment then down 7 where I had to blitz, I did and got beat on 3rd down near the goal line. I go on to score on the following possession. They want me to onside down 7 now with like 8 min to go. I say hell no, lets have the D stop them. So in a few plays my approval goes from like 50 to 30 ouch! They ended up fumbling the ball on the kickoff and I recover it, just to have Brown put the ball on the turf two plays later. They recover again. (one of Browns arms is at like 75% and he is getting lot of play?) They pound the ball on me all the way down to the edge of FG range before I get a stop. Around 3 min left and down 14! We drive it down for a Td, and recover the onside kick with about 1:30 to go ***funny that one wasnt a game define*** I really hate the hurry up on this game. They just run the same play until the clock stops. I think I watch my team chip down the field on hurry up running the same play like 6 times in a row, before we put it in w/ about :12 to go! (It was kinda humorous) Arizonia actually hits a long pass at end of regulation, but misses a FG (was long).

On to OT they got the ball first and drove around midfield (were tied at 31 BTW) It was like 3rd and 8 and I use a stop game play where I bascally brought the house, and got lucky because Warner found a man 1 on 1, but I got the stop about a yard short. We hold for the punt, and wouldn't you know it, my boy (live in Ohio, huge OSU fan) Tedd Ginn Jr. takes the punt to the house....... Game Over..... Phins 37-31 think my approval is back around 50, and well it was fun. Now I have a date w/ the Pats..... I'm planning for 2-1!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:13 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Awesome boxboy, great game there. Wish you could cut and paste some box scores. I'm starved for some stats!!
Old 08-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #31
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGamer
Awesome boxboy, great game there. Wish you could cut and paste some box scores. I'm starved for some stats!!
QB- Beck 3 td 0 int 24-37 360 yards 30 yard long 4 sacked
qb- Warner 1 td 0 int 20-30 273 23 long 0 sacked

HB- R. Brown 21 att 96 yards 2 fumbles 19 yard long
Booker 1-0
C. Houston 1-0 fumble
Beck 1- -2

HB- E James 24 att 143 yards 2 td

WR- Desmond Clark 7 - 109 1td
Brown 5 - 49 1 td
Ginn 3 - 72
Stallworth 3 - 38 1td
Sweed 3- 36
Hagan 2 - 34
Martin 1-22

3 drops for the team

Wr- Fitgerald 12-175 1 td
Patrick 2-28
Henry 2-25 (if that is chris I didnt relize they had him too)
Bolden 1-23
Steward 1-2
Bryant 1-9
James 1-11

2 team drops

Blocking about 5 pancakes between both teams

My best tacklers had 8 theirs had 12

They went 1-3 on FGs

We were 1-1

There kick return ave was about 24 on 6 returns

Booker was 27.3 yards on 3 returns, Ginn had 1 for 40

Ginn had 1 punt return for 82 yards and a td

Breaston was 1 for 12 yards.

Offense yards
Mia 473
AR 416

Rush
Mia 92
AR 143

Pass
Mia 341
AZ 273

1st
Mia 22
AZ 20

Total Yards
Mia 637
AZ 571

TO
Mia 3
Az 1

My penelties have been low so far.
Both 2 for 15

Time of possession was a push pretty much

Mia 7-11 3rd down
AZ 6-10

This was rough, but give ya a quick look. I was pretty suprised to see Beck had that many passing yards at the end of the game. It didn't feel like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thank you for that. You have started with quite an offense considering what you have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »