Home

Feature Breakdown: Emotional Reaction (includes some clarity on emotional/calm issue)

This is a discussion on Feature Breakdown: Emotional Reaction (includes some clarity on emotional/calm issue) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:29 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Feature Breakdown: Emotional Reaction (includes some clarity on emotional/calm is

I love this game, but you guys dropped the ball on this one.

In all the time of development no one considered that labeling the response the same name as one of the choices was going to lead to confusion? In the end since it has been clarified it is no big deal, but a large portion of your customers will never check any boards and simply think it is a bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Feature Breakdown: Emotional Reaction (includes some clarity on emotional/calm is

Something definitely isn't consistent with the emotional reactions. I had Jerious Norwood react positively to calm once and negatively the next time. And both situations were good things that happened. Either there is more to it or the feature doesn't quite work as designed.

Want to add that I just played another game and I have been keeping track in Excel how people react based on situations. For the most part it is consistent.

And The GIGGAS, for the most part even emotional reactions are subtle. However, I just had Desmond Clark fumble again and I chose emotional. The immediate cut scene was a full bodied view of me yelling at him on the sideline. I was pleased.

Last edited by x1Blumpkin1x; 08-16-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #27
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

I still find it all over the place.

Game 1 - Michael Boley gets a sack, I go with emotional response, and lose 3 approval. 3-5 plays later, Boley recovers a fumble, I go with calm, and lose another 2 or 3 approval.

Next game, same thing happens with Keith Brooking. Brooking makes a play, I chose calm and lose approval. Brooking makes another play, I chose emotional, and lose approval.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #28
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Something definitely isn't consistent with the emotional reactions. I had Jerious Norwood react positively to calm once and negatively the next time. And both situations were good things that happened. Either there is more to it or the feature doesn't quite work as designed.

Want to add that I just played another game and I have been keeping track in Excel how people react based on situations. For the most part it is consistent.

And The GIGGAS, for the most part even emotional reactions are subtle. However, I just had Desmond Clark fumble again and I chose emotional. The immediate cut scene was a full bodied view of me yelling at him on the sideline. I was pleased.
I had an INT for TD in the last part of the game that sealed the win for me. Choosing emotional gave me a animation where my coach clapped once, maybe twice. That was not emotional enough for me, when IRL I had my hands in the air clapping hard and making noise.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219

I think sliders are going to need to be altered in a major way with this game, I didnt think so going into it but between the dropped passes, the dropped interceptions I dont know how much longer I can watch it happen.
Interesting...it seems everyone else on these boards is having the opposite problem, the passing game is too easy...
Old 08-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I had an INT for TD in the last part of the game that sealed the win for me. Choosing emotional gave me a animation where my coach clapped once, maybe twice. That was not emotional enough for me, when IRL I had my hands in the air clapping hard and making noise.
Since when are people's emotional reactions ever consistent? I just take this part of the game as people have good/bad days and sometimes people just get pissed off for no reason etc... I don't know.. buries head in sand
Old 08-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #31
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Since when are people's emotional reactions ever consistent? I just take this part of the game as people have good/bad days and sometimes people just get pissed off for no reason etc... I don't know.. buries head in sand
You'd think if you win a major game by a pick six, you'd do more than a few claps, though, right?

That'd be pretty exciting, no?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
You'd think if you win a major game by a pick six, you'd do more than a few claps, though, right?

That'd be pretty exciting, no?
oh, kinda misread your post lol.... neeeevermind

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »