Home

Playbook Knowledge?

This is a discussion on Playbook Knowledge? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Playbook Knowledge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
Once a player masters a play during practice, he will automatically be subbed out so another player can get some reps.
I love you guys.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

To see what your players' playbook knowledge is flip the clipboard to Roster>Player Roadmap then hit L2 to change the filter to 'Playbook'. You can then use [] to sort the Mastered, Learned or Unlearned. I just started a new career with the Redskins. I've only got 6 players on the roster currently who haven't learned atleast 40% of the playbook.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #11
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
I know there is a screen somewhere that tells you how familiar each player is with the playbook. But for the life of me i Can't remember where it is in the game.
Go to view playbook and click on an individual play. That will show you each player and his level of knowledge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 07:16 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I have another question. Sorry.

I read somewhere that the mastered-learned-unlearned percentages in the practice recap take into the consideration the entire team. Is this the entire team meaning offensive and defensive players and if that is the case, should I be trying to get my mastered-learned percentage up to 50% meaning that theoretically my offense knows the plays? Or, is it for ALL of my players (offensive or defensive depending on the play) and I should be trying to get my mastered-learned percentages up to a combined 100%? I know it takes time but I like to know what direction I'm headed in.

P.S.
I really hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

NoleFan

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-19-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
In the example you gave, it means 6% of your team went from "learned" to "mastered" for that play. The number of "learned", "unlearned", and "mastered" should always add up to 100%.

Note that these numbers include your entire team, not just your first string, so 40% learned is pretty solid. Once a player masters a play during practice, he will automatically be subbed out so another player can get some reps.

Players do learn during the game. In fact, they should learn at a greater rate in the game vs. practice. You can experiment with this by running the same play over and over again and checking the knowledge meter each time.

The options displayed in the gameplan selection screen are based on the plays that your team has not learned yet. You can get new options by backing out of the screen and re-entering it.
This begs the question, considering I spent 2 preseason games rotating through 5 unlearned defensive plays and only one of them went up (and came right back down after a quarter or two)... how many reps are representated by one practice?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Okay, I ran a gameplan last night during my career, and in the recap it showed the 5 plays we had worked on.

For one of the plays, "Mastered" went up, but "Unlearned" went up too! More players knew the play before we practiced it than did after!

Is this because my coordinator sucks?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I have another question. Sorry.

I read somewhere that the mastered-learned-unlearned percentages in the practice recap take into the consideration the entire team. Is this the entire team meaning offensive and defensive players and if that is the case, should I be trying to get my mastered-learned percentage up to 50% meaning that theoretically my offense knows the plays? Or, is it for ALL of my players (offensive or defensive depending on the play) and I should be trying to get my mastered-learned percentages up to a combined 100%? I know it takes time but I like to know what direction I'm headed in.

P.S.
I really hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

NoleFan
The percentages are respective of your ENTIRE roster, both offensive and defensive.

You can check this by going into an individual play in your playbook and checking knowledge. It will show you everyone's respective levels. Your offensive players will, of course, have unlearned status on your defensive plays, which means that anywhere between 23-26 players (the usual offensive complement) will remain unlearned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 10

Correct.....if you can get "learned - mastered", to 40% then you should be ok. Some of the players....just can't get the play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »