Home

This is why this game rules......

This is a discussion on This is why this game rules...... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
This is why this game rules......

I just took the Falcons and in the first practice, Turner out for the year with a ruptured spleen. This job was going to be hard enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: This is why this game rules......

I know what you mean, I got the Viks and Birk (Center) and Peterson........both gone for 2 - 4 weeks. Gonna miss most of the camp....might be a long season.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower
I know what you mean, I got the Viks and Birk (Center) and Peterson........both gone for 2 - 4 weeks. Gonna miss most of the camp....might be a long season.
I just had the same thing happen to me last night.
....In my first "practice" franchise....Birk got hurt also. Looks like he's a trouble guy as far as injury.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-18-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 37

Question: In Madden every once in awhile you have a career ending injury (e.g. a few Madden's back my RB broke his neck) so is this also the case for Head Coach? Has anyone seen an injury that severe?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:06 AM   #5
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Question: In Madden every once in awhile you have a career ending injury (e.g. a few Madden's back my RB broke his neck) so is this also the case for Head Coach? Has anyone seen an injury that severe?
I've read from the game's developers that there is the possibility of career-ending injuries, but I've played through two full seasons and it hasn't happened to me yet (crossing fingers).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 03:27 AM   #6
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
I just took the Falcons and in the first practice, Turner out for the year with a ruptured spleen. This job was going to be hard enough.
I started with the Falcons today and was able to get M.Barber as a RFA form the cowboys. Figured I need a top HB to take the pressure of my rookie QB.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
I started with the Falcons today and was able to get M.Barber as a RFA form the cowboys. Figured I need a top HB to take the pressure of my rookie QB.

Careful with Barber... he has fumblitus quite a bit. I know others have had problems with him. When I took him he had 20+ fumbles through 10 games.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

I too got Barber on my Falcons. I have had some fumble issues with him, but I have been making sure to swap in Norwood a lot and I think that helped a bit last game since he only fumbled once.

Injuries can be rough. I got Asante Samuel in FA, well he got injured the first week and was out 4-12 weeks. I am still waiting for him to return. And my secondary is not so great. I had to get Ty Law on a 1 year contract from FA. He sucks. Last game he allowed 8 passes to be completed of the 9 sent his way. And while I mention Samuel, please for the love of god if a player is injured and cannot participate in training camp don't have me fail the learn playbook goal. It's just not fair.

Has anyone drafted Glen Dorsey? He is going down for a few days at a time quite often. I think I need to sit him more in practice and in the games. Although he just went down for 1-4 weeks. Plus Brian Brohm is out 1-4 weeks because he snuck out and decided to play special teams.

Worst part, the Falcons trainer is rated 1. Which I'm assuming means all he does is put a band-aid on, even if you break your femur. I look forward to firing his ***, that is unless I get fired first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »