Home

Feature Breakdown: Contracts and Re-Signing Players

This is a discussion on Feature Breakdown: Contracts and Re-Signing Players within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #9
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
Re: Feature Breakdown: Contracts and Re-Signing Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
I have to do the same thing, lol. I made use of incentives to keep other monies down. I believe the devs stated that the players don't know about incentives relative to playing time. So they won't get pissed you bench them just to avoid an incentive.
Correct.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanalogkid
I'm working up my GM's negotiation ability, how much of an effect does that have on contract negotiations?
It has a pretty big impact on negotiations. It affects the packages you see and it really affects how your GM handles negotiations if you delegate them.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by linthead4504
So I guess my rookie backup of backups just think they're worth 7m a year after 1 year of no playing when the starter makes 3m? Or is it just my GM stinks? Or do they have the no clue about money personality?
Some of this is due to personality traits, too.

If a player is self centered, they'll think they are better than they are and ask for more than they are worth.

If a player is humble, they'll actually ask for less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for that, especially re the cap hit of incentives.

I've had a couple instances where, after making an initial offer to a draft pick, when I selected the "Continue Negotiations" option, the prompt that usually lists the options opened up (along with the player's text box stating that he hopes we can make more progress this go around), but with no options. There are no available contracts to offer, and the timer runs down to zero.

Not sure what's going on with that, exactly.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
It has a pretty big impact on negotiations. It affects the packages you see and it really affects how your GM handles negotiations if you delegate them.
I was curious how it would affect negotiations since I don't delegate anything. Would I notice any effects other than the packages listed?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Hi Josh,

Thanks again for your assistance. I have another question for you in regards to resigning players. Is there anyway I can simply not be interested in resigning a player? So that I don't have to see the re-negotiation screen come up every week?

Plus, last season, I kept dismissing negotiations with some players, and they were resigned anyway at ridiculous contracts. I had an 81 guard with no potential, resigned at 5 years, $40+ M, because he had a good statistical season. He also required a 10+ M signing bonus. This single signing almost crashed my entire salary cap. This also happened with some other players, and I can't even resign my draft picks.

I'm looking to have more control over this, and just looking for your general input/answer in regards to the issue.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #15
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
Hi Josh,

Thanks again for your assistance. I have another question for you in regards to resigning players. Is there anyway I can simply not be interested in resigning a player? So that I don't have to see the re-negotiation screen come up every week?

Plus, last season, I kept dismissing negotiations with some players, and they were resigned anyway at ridiculous contracts. I had an 81 guard with no potential, resigned at 5 years, $40+ M, because he had a good statistical season. He also required a 10+ M signing bonus. This single signing almost crashed my entire salary cap. This also happened with some other players, and I can't even resign my draft picks.

I'm looking to have more control over this, and just looking for your general input/answer in regards to the issue.

Thanks
I'd like to know about that too. When you dismiss a player from the start, they will only lose approval of you. They will continue to come back each week requesting to be resigned. It kind of reminds me of some of my past relationships haha.

About your big time spending on scrubs, you need to check out the thread for the salary bug work around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 11:29 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Josh, great game by the way. But I am having a problem with RFA after the first year in the game. There are no RFA and nothing comes up on the clipboard after year one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »