Home

Team Philosophy: Coach Hire

This is a discussion on Team Philosophy: Coach Hire within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Icon5 Team Philosophy: Coach Hire

OK, so I have a question regarding Team Philosophy: Coach Hire.

Under each option, I have 4 choices:
Give up a lot of control
Give up some control
Give up a little control
Give up no control

What exactly does this mean?

Is it for when I hire staff members? For example, if I say "give up no control" does that mean I have all of the say when I hire a coach?

Or is it an indicator of what I'm willing to give up when hiring staff? For example, if I indicate "give up no control," is that telling potential staff members that, if I hire you, I'll have all control over your area, thus turning off potential applicants?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Team Philosophy: Coach Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Or is it an indicator of what I'm willing to give up when hiring staff? For example, if I indicate "give up no control," is that telling potential staff members that, if I hire you, I'll have all control over your area, thus turning off potential applicants?
I believe it means this in the fact that it dictates how much control you are willing to give up. I am guessing though it doesn't impact who will talk to you, because that is when you decide what control you will give them. I think these are guidelines more for if you delegate this responsibility to the GM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 24

mine is set to "give up some control," and when a new OC popped up, I said "dont' join bidding," but yet he was hired. Same thing with my secondary coach..it really sucked because i didnt want either of them
Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

I set my to "Give up no Control". I did this because I like to know what's being done first before a decision is made.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
OK, so I have a question regarding Team Philosophy: Coach Hire.

Under each option, I have 4 choices:
Give up a lot of control
Give up some control
Give up a little control
Give up no control

What exactly does this mean?

Is it for when I hire staff members? For example, if I say "give up no control" does that mean I have all of the say when I hire a coach?

This is what dictates CPU logic during Coach Hire.

For you the user, you obviously have full and total control of what types of power you want to give your assistant coaches.

Now if you were simming/delegating this portion of the game, this philosophy would determine how much control you give into during your simmed coach hire events.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

I have mine set at No Control as well, even though I don't delegate any tasks. I just want to make sure everyone keeps their paws off my team.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
mine is set to "give up some control," and when a new OC popped up, I said "dont' join bidding," but yet he was hired. Same thing with my secondary coach..it really sucked because i didnt want either of them
This typically happens whenever you are around the Pro Bowl Week - if you have turned down a lot of coaches, at some point it will simply "hire" whoever the last one is before the off-season starts.

Also, it typically seems to work in rank order. You'll get the range of available coordinators, followed by position coaches, ranked internally by their OVR. Might not be perfect, but unless you don't like the scheme (or the age?), your better guys will typically come earlier in the cycle.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:47 AM   #8
Rookie

uiucjpo's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm having a problem with coach hiring. After I was eliminated from the playoffs, I went looking for a new OC-hoping to get a new playbook. Everytime I entered negotiations with one to look at their info, I was the only bidder and it either hired the coach instantly, or said "you won bidding hire/don't hire?", all before I could even look at promises or playbooks or anything. It was terrible trial and error, and a lot of quitting and re-loading until I was happy with the OC that automatically got hired, but I'm still stuck with my old playbook. I have all my settings set to "give up no control." Help would be appreciated. What am I missing here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »