Home

Issues we are looking into currently

This is a discussion on Issues we are looking into currently within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #41
Rookie

Enderz Game's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Issues we are looking into currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanalogkid
Any chance of fine tuning the running game. Too many good running backs that average less than 4.0 yac. They end up doing weird jukes and end up turning into a defender instead of running straight into open field.

It's gotten a little better with LeRon James, he's averaging 4.3 yards a carry, maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
I'm pretty sure this one has already been addressed by one of the developers (Josh_Looman). Their intent was to make sure that there was a noticeable difference between the star RB's and everyone else. He explained it better than I can. Just search through his posts on the forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 17

Fix the play creator. I don't know why it's stripped down from the Prima guide!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #43
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I keep seeing these words and it is scaring me

"If we do a patch"

I'm getting the feeling the dev team will happily do a patch for us and that the powers that be aren't on board with that. Which doesn't bode well for the future of this game.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yep, there hasn't been any word on a patch yet, so don't wet your panties, guys. A patch fixing all the issues mentioned would be great, but is it going to happen? Honestly, I don't think so.

Edit: I do appreciate the bug explanations, reasons and workarounds. The transparency is, umm... refreshing.

Last edited by Heshi; 08-19-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #45
Rookie

Josh,

Please comment on this.

It appears to me that fatigue/CPU substitutions are broken. What I mean is let's say I am playing against the Saints. Reggie Bush will never get carries or catches unless Deuce is injured. Same with the Jags and Fred Taylor/Jones Drew. Same with Vikes, Taylor/Peterson. Wideouts are also not substituted. So there is really not much value in having a ton of depth at running back, particularly for the CPU (locking up lots of cap space for players that don't play much). The user can fix this by subbing his own players, but this problem is in coaching games AGAINST the CPU (not supersim or simulation). One possible fix is to allow the user to edit the substitutions of the CPU. Another would be to force the CPU to substitute based on light fatigue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #46
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I'd like to nominate you guys as the best Dev team at EA. I would also like to find a way to sue all of you individually for ruining my life with this game. I don't do anything other than play HC and read this forum now.
People sue Ron Dons Steakhouse for making them fat A$$es so I think you may have a strong case in court. Jeez we need tort reform!! Can you add that to the patch while your at it Josh?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #47
Rookie

I think it will be patched, I just feel like we got a discount to beta test the game, which is unfair because alot of us bought the CE just so we can play this early. Hopefully thats not the case but the overwhelming bugs makes the situation disheartning.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

If they can fix the fumbles and tone down the passing, this could be the NEW Front Page Sports Football we all want. Please Dev team, fix the major problems and this game could be football heaven.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »