Home

Field Goals on the Patch List?

This is a discussion on Field Goals on the Patch List? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Field Goals on the Patch List?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
I miss short on FGs all the time with a 97 KPW kicker. The CPU doesn't have much trouble really. I've got the sliders at 100. Does KAC affect length at all?
I'm playing with sliders on Default and don't have this problem with my 97 KPW kicker. Never short, just wide.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Have you downloaded the roster update? They adjusted the kickers on the update and I have gotten realistic results making from 45 to 48 yarders consistantly. I do turn down kickoff power though to 43.
Alright, I'm really confused...will someone tell me once and for all about this "roster update"? I've logged on (PS3) many times while online and starting my game but I've never been prompted for a roster update.

Someone mind shining a light over here?

oh one last thing...same thing as phrasius I drafted Sernas (KPW 97) and I've only missed one FG short. Longest made is 53 yards and I've never touched my sliders.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrasius
I'm playing with sliders on Default and don't have this problem with my 97 KPW kicker. Never short, just wide.
I know the feeling.

Okay, no I don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #12
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Alright, I'm really confused...will someone tell me once and for all about this "roster update"? I've logged on (PS3) many times while online and starting my game but I've never been prompted for a roster update.

oh one last thing...same thing as phrasius I drafted Sernas (KPW 97) and I've only missed one FG short. Longest made is 53 yards and I've never touched my sliders.
As I've mentioned before, I tried to make this a bit better with the roster update but this was our intent in general. We wanted to make sure that it mattered to have a good kicker. Otherwise, why sign one in free agency or draft one in April?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #13
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ

Are you asking HOW to get the roster update?

If so, it doesn't work like a patch. You have to go into the online lobby as if you wanted to play an online game. Then the game will check if your rosters are up to date. If not, the game will download the latest available update!

If you question was how the update will help your kicker, I think the kickers have better kicking power in the update! I haven't checked it myself though...
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #14
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
As I've mentioned before, I tried to make this a bit better with the roster update but this was our intent in general. We wanted to make sure that it mattered to have a good kicker. Otherwise, why sign one in free agency or draft one in April?
I disagree with this. In the real NFL, there are still kickers that are better than other kickers, but none of them are fall short on 40 yard fieldgoals, if the ball is not blocked.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #15
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
I disagree with this. In the real NFL, there are still kickers that are better than other kickers, but none of them are fall short on 40 yard fieldgoals, if the ball is not blocked.
I got to admit I agree here!

Josh, the difference in an average and great kicker in the NFL, that is one that makes the team and one that is left bagging groceries at Kroger's is not leg power...its ACCURACY!

Any kicker called to a try out can kick it into the end zone 7 out of 10 tries on kickoffs and CAN kick 40 yarders all day long(thats the LOS at the 23 yard line...think on that a moment...). The question is can they 90 times out of 100 stick it between the pipes on a 39 yd or less FG? And that might STILL not cut it as a pro kicker.

I've had 'average' NFL kickers go SHORT on extra points?!?!?! As a former kicker and semi-pro special teams coach, that left me scratching my head.

If you guys wanted to make it MEAN something to have a good kicker, you should have tinkered with the accuracy issue not leg strength!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Are you asking HOW to get the roster update?

If so, it doesn't work like a patch. You have to go into the online lobby as if you wanted to play an online game. Then the game will check if your rosters are up to date. If not, the game will download the latest available update!

If you question was how the update will help your kicker, I think the kickers have better kicking power in the update! I haven't checked it myself though...
My question was how to get the roster update and thanks. So I have to go to an online game? Why doesn't this work as most PS3 updates do when you start the game and are connected to the internet? hmm... guess I'll have to go to the online lobby.

As to the other part, I was stating that I do not have a problem with FGs in this game. I drafted Serna in the 6th round (97KPW) In my first preseason game he missed a 28 yd FG short...lol but since this has been very competent with his longest made FG being 53 yards so far.

I'll just call that first kick rookie jitters thus making the ai in this game awesome i'm only 1/2 joking.

aww s*** why do I always hit enter before I'm done with my questions lol... will the roster update change anything in my game since I'm in week 7?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »