Home

Old 08-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Xbox 360 Freezes

I have already read all the threads on freezing, and none of them seem to address the problem I am having, so I wanted to bring this problem to the developers attention.

I am playing on an Xbox 360, and on the second year of a Bears franchise, in week 15, the game will freeze the system after Wednesday at midnight, still a few days before gameday. This is a hard freeze, not a disk read error, so the only way to restart the system is to turn it off and then on. I am fairly confident that this is due to the background changing, since I have read several similar accounts from other 360 owners.

So far, I have tried resaving and reloading, simming past it, and clearing the cache of the 360 to get around it, but I have had no luck with any method.

I don't know what other options I have, which is really unfortunate considering the number of hours I have put into this game. I really hope the developers take the time to address this problem on the 360 with the patch, because it really is a great game, but when I can't count on continuing my games, I simply cannot put any more of my time into playing it.

If anyone has a workaround or additional ideas to try, I would appreciate any advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Xbox 360 Freezes

I have played through 4 seasons as the Bears and only forze 1 time and it wasn't a game breaking freeze. I generally play on "slow" or "normal" mode. I am not sure if that will help. Is there any sort of transaction (Trade,FA signing etc) that occurs just before the freeze?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
Rookie

There's a gameplan before it, and I've tried either dismissing it, or choosing it myself, but the freeze happens either way. I've also tried going through the midnight at fastest, normal, or slow, but with no different outcomes. Are you playing on a 360? Maybe it's a hardware issue, but I doubt it. If it is, I'll try loading it again tomorrow and pray for a change.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
Rookie

I am playing on a 360. Not that this may hel[p but how is yur roster looking? Just for giggles and to see what would happen move all your 2 line up in the depth chart. I am just curious what will happen.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Rookie

I suppose I could try that, although I see no reason why it would have a noticeable effect. I'm kind of short on options anyways, so I'll give most anything a shot.

I restarted a different franchise (chiefs) to see if changing scenery would have any effect and when the chiefs went to chicago (ironically) for the first preseason game, it hiccuped as usual, but didn't freeze, so it's not any change of background, just that one specifically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

I've had this happen twice.

The first time I worked around it somehow, don't remember how though

This second time, I keep getting stuck at a point where it will not progress.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:14 AM   #7
Rookie

In my second season in the frist week of training camp, I was getting freezing too. audio stopped, and the system completelky froze. This happened 4 times, someytimes it would be a different day, but i was never able to progress past thursday at noon.

My solution was to turn off the practice recap in clipboard. this allowed me to progress past this point.

Last edited by SinsemillArmy; 08-31-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
Rookie

Ok, so here's what I've tried so far. I've messed around with my depth chart, run it at all different speeds, saved on a non-friday/weekend and reloaded from that point, and unchecked the practice recap from "show me" on the coach clipboard. My results are for the most part the same, a freeze just before or at midnight on that wednesday. Once, it progressed past wednesday, only to freeze early on thursday, when it appeared to try to change backgrounds again (although I'm no longer confident of that being the problem).

Any other suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »