Home

To Bad only 15 years...

This is a discussion on To Bad only 15 years... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
To Bad only 15 years...

It kind of blows that it's only 15 year career. It takes 5 to 10 years to turn around a bad team, some even more years.

So if i took on Miami Dolphins, it should take me 5 to 8 years to rebuild them to contender. This would be the realistic way. It seems it's going to take less time in years to do this since we have only 15 years of coaching. It just dawned on me yesterday while playing that we are not getting the full affect of rebuilding a team. I hope the Deve throw us a bone and make it a 30 year career.

Just my thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: To Bad only 15 years...

This is kind of a let down really.

Between this and the scripted drafts.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
It kind of blows that it's only 15 year career. It takes 5 to 10 years to turn around a bad team, some even more years.

So if i took on Miami Dolphins, it should take me 5 to 8 years to rebuild them to contender. This would be the realistic way. It seems it's going to take less time in years to do this since we have only 15 years of coaching. It just dawned on me yesterday while playing that we are not getting the full affect of rebuilding a team. I hope the Deve throw us a bone and make it a 30 year career.

Just my thoughts.

Josh/Donnie, what is the reason for the year cap? Is it because of the data required for rosters/draft classes that have to be invented each year? Is there anyway to create an algorithm that will create players or do they have to manually be developed individually?
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

idk, i turned the phins around in 1 season with the help of the injury bug. i'm working on the falcons right now, but we're 0-2 so far. felix jones got hurt after doing amazing in the preseason
Old 09-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

Most coaches don't get to be head coach until their 50s anyways. A 15 year career isn't as unrealistic as you may think. A 15 year career is actually quite an accomplishment. No owner or team is going to give you 8 years to turn it around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Most coaches don't get to be head coach until their 50s anyways. A 15 year career isn't as unrealistic as you may think. A 15 year career is actually quite an accomplishment. No owner or team is going to give you 8 years to turn it around.

Those were days of the past. A lot of the new coaches now are in their 30's. Also you can last with a team if the owner sees you're improving the team. You can't turn Miami around over night in real life, so the owner gives some room to see improvements.

Anyway, the 15 years got me thinking that if i take on Miami or Atlanta, by season 2 or 3 i will have them in the superbowl, which is not realistic. We got this game to be close to realistic. So if we are going to the superbowl with any of these teams in season 2 or 3, it puts a sour note on it for me. I want to work at rebuilding, not be given to me. We read that JPCool took his Miami team to the superbowl season 1.

Don't get me wrong I like this game a lot, I'm hook on it. I want the game to be tough and hard to compete in. I also like a longer lasting career.

Last edited by claystone; 09-03-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #7
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

Don't get me wrong, I said before in the wishlist that I would like to see the career length expanded to atleast 20 years, but probably not much more. Even if they took out the 'future 50' stars part in the last few drafts I wouldn't mind. I just cant imagine getting ramped up for that 15th season draft anyways knowing that I am only getting this player for 1 season.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Must be nice to be able to play 15 seasons. I cannot get past 5 seasons without the game permanently locking up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »